• R, 2 hr. 6 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Torch Song Trilogy Reviews

Apeneck F

June 24, 2011
Everyone deserves to be loved, right? Even if they're gay? Even from they're mother? This work examines just those questions, the humanity, say, beyond the stereotype and more, the humanity within the stereotype.
sainttom93
sainttom93

March 1, 2008
This is a great gay 101 movie -- very sad about Matthew -- Anne Bancroft was brilliant as usual --
Lafe F

August 17, 2007
A classic gay movie. Harvey Fierstein and Matthew Broderick are supreme in this! I could've done without the tragic events.
jjnxn
jjnxn

March 26, 2007
wonderfully acted
Sunil J

December 7, 2010
A solid and well-written gay dramedy. Anne Bancroft s wonderful.
jam233
November 11, 2009
What makes this film work so well is how beautifully developed the characters are. You really become involved and care about them. It?s funny, touching, well acted and excellently written.
January 4, 2009
I think I have seen this movie over 100 times. We went to the movies in West Hollywood to see it every friday and saturday night. The cast is superb, the story is great and I cry every freaking time.
flrolf1033
August 12, 2008
This is the best ! Matthew is sooo cute, Brian is a real hottie, harvey is perfect and Anne Bancroft is at her best ! This is a must see, Harvey's speech to his mother in the third segment is flawless
April 16, 2008
If you like the genre "Drama" than this film is def for you. With this film did bring tons and tons of it. Course what gay men out there does not have drama happen in his life. Above all I did like this film but towards the ending it kind of just flipped around and had some things happen per say I didn't quite want it to go there. Though at the very end it was def a touching movie and made you feel like it was a happy ending after all. I loved the whole Drag Queen scenes and you can't forget the guy who was Jackie's love interest from the hit tv show "Roseanne". Matthew Broderick was good in his role yet he could have been stronger. The times have changed where it no longer matters if a A list star would play a gay role. For people who have seen the play I am sure this is a bad representation of it. I still think this is a good gay cinema film to watch and learn from.
unclejess71
November 16, 2007
You may think that you have lost the thing that you hold most dear. But sometimes it returns back to you ten fold.
dredzag
June 13, 2007
No doubt the late great Anne Bancroft makes this movie. Matthew looks 12. I never get tired of watching this.
birojeremy
August 15, 2007
Amazing movie that was beautiful and touching and emotional.

This film had a lot going for it.

Loved it.
pinkjedi69
July 5, 2007
Based on a great stage play, this movie touches on the difficulties of being gay, finding love, and the complex relationship between a son and his mother.
Silma
June 21, 2007
oh, i love this movie. sad yet really good at the same time. great preformances. i would recommend people see this and i have recommended it in the past.
dutchboydvh
April 26, 2007
This is my favorite gay themed movie of all time! I truly laughed... cried... Rent it... it is REALLY worth the time!
rcd3777
March 21, 2007
Everyone knows gays do not love, right? My friend Greg Sheridan's boyfriend was shot in front of him because he was gay by a guy who claimed he was christian. Enough said.
January 31, 2007
this movie is soooooo good. based on a play. i wish i could have seen the real thing in person. (yes its that good)
nanoqna
January 18, 2007
u should see it cuz its inda funny. brian kerwin & mathtwe brodierkc r only ok. its about a guys life.
wizardoftacoma
December 24, 2006
Harvey Fierstein, and Matthew Broderick , delivers a very strong performance in this movie. This film is highly recommended to watch with family and friends. That you're trying to come out to. This is one of the best gay scene films that has ever been made. Matthew Broderick performance as a young gay man delivers a very convincing trail of what is to be young and gay and in love.. Harvey Fierstein, takes us through the emotion of falling in love, and losing that love to Gay bashers, and trying to win the acceptance, of a mother that cannot accept his sexual orientation. This is one of my favorite films.
txpeach212
October 24, 2006
Yes.. it is very funny and the cast is top-notch, but Arnold's tragic loss in this story resonates deep to anyone who has ever lost the most important person in their life.