Tortilla Soup - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tortilla Soup Reviews

½ February 1, 2010
Really great movie about family and acheiving dreams.
January 28, 2010
Funny and charming, but not as good as the original version of Ang Lee's. But the cooking is good and will make you hungry just watching them eat their dinners.
iLeo
½ December 25, 2007
Love this movie! A Hispanic version of "Eat Drink Man Woman".

Great!
½ March 17, 2009
Hector was as expected"Brillant!"...but this movie was unfortunate and a little sad in comparison to the original,"Eat, Drink, Man, Woman" which was beautiful and masterful in it's storytelling. Oh well, I did not like it.
February 26, 2009
Loved this movie! It had a great message about family and love. It makes me very happy to see movies with an all hispanic cast!
January 18, 2009
Awesome cast. Food looked so beautiful and delicious. Good to see a movie with Latino main characters. Great movie for everyone.
December 26, 2008
A nice movie about a wonderful chef and father, living with 3 adult daughters. A nice change of pace movie for me!
December 30, 2007
I really liked this movie, the characters and relationships were interesting as well as seeing the preparation of all the Mexican Cuisine!
July 17, 2008
Same story, same plot, same characters, same everything, different ethnicity. (as "Eat, Drink, Man, Woman)
February 25, 2008
I remember one of the girls being kind of good looking. And Elizondo going all sensitive and shit. Not in a bad way.
June 8, 2007
This wasn't bad. Hector Elizondo was amazing, as always, but I just wan't feeling this one too much.
May 28, 2007
OMG this movie i can watch over and over again and never get bored of it. its funny, has a great cast, funny characters, lots of drama, and alot of family love. SUCH A GREAT HISPANIC MOVIE made for everyone.
½ March 12, 2007
great food, made me first write a poem, then go shopping for great food! lotta good family disputes and make ups. a triumphant movie!
½ June 3, 2015
Surprising charm,wit and warmth this family romantic comedy just rolls steady with this fine cast.
August 4, 2014
a familiar and sometimes corny film..but nevertheless a enjoyable film that kept me interested.
May 19, 2013
Tortilla Soup is an endearing film. It is about a Mexican-American master chef and father to three daughters has lost his taste for food but not for life. Hector Elizondo and Tamara Mello give excellent performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Maria Ripoll did a great job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the romance.
½ May 4, 2013
Muy Bueno! A sweet movie that's worth your time.
March 31, 2012
watching this movie with amber and dave....not sure why people would post this but i am trying to see if it works, lol
August 19, 2011
Beautiful food and beautiful women.... what more could a simple woman want?
This film follows the lives of three different women whose father strives to protect la famille from Americanization. Although the sisters are somewhat stereotyped, the acting and food kept me watching hungrily.
½ June 11, 2011
I started out watching "Tortilla Soup" as a test of my Blueray wi-fi connection to a new wireless router. I ended up watching the whole thing. A very, very sweet film. And then there's the food. Boy I wish I could cook like that. Recommended any time you want a light pick-me-up movie.