Transporter 3 Reviews

November 27, 2008
I didn't expect much at all, except some good fight scenes, a loose plot and action. It delivered. If you have seen the first two films, you know what to expect. It's more of the same.
½ August 11, 2010
It's definitely my favorite entry in the series, managing to be the most serious and realistic in terms of storyline and action. Jason Statham proves himself to be the most powerful man to ever drive a car professionally, taking down anything in his warpath. I loved the addition of Natalya Rudakova, making for Frank's best love interest. Robert Knepper is also the best villain in the series, even though he doesn't do much physically he happens to be the most intimidating. It's a rare event in which the trilogy ends on a high note, this certainly does.
½ July 21, 2010
not a bad movie but not a good one. it's got a simple plot and not much of a story but a lot of action. it's entertaining but it doesn't work nearly as well compared to the crank series which is far better. C+
TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 15, 2010
Third entry in this crap series of films. This by far the worst one in the series. So bad that I had to turn it off after 30 minutes. The actress that stathams with is very annoying and untalented, which made me shut this film off. Looking back, I can look at The Transporter series as a terrible action franchise. These films lack effective story, and they just attack the viewer with quick action scenes that confuses you and doesn't do anything very creative. This third entry in this lame series lacks, any wit or real drama that has made action films such as The Dark Knight great films. I love over the top action films, but The Transporter films are just a massive fail because it lacks anything very creative. If they make a fourth film, I'm definitely going to skip it.
August 13, 2008
Follows the same formula as the last 2, forced to go from A-B, taking cargo, some good fight scenes, good car chases etc. It's ok and as good as the first 2 but they need to vary it if there is going to be a 4th??!
January 13, 2010
A complete mess of a finale! It was terribly cut junk!
½ May 21, 2008
A spectacular and adrenaline-charged action-packed thrill-machine from start to finish. The best Transporter film so far, it's in the territory where the sequels get better every time. A smart, stylish, pulse-pounding, wickedly cool and explosive adventure. Loaded with even more great eye-popping stunts, incredible car chases and awesome fight sequences. A clever and brilliant plot laced with heart-pounding non-stop action. A solid, well-written, character driven and well-crafted action movie. Jason Statham is fantastic, he's a mixture of James Bond and Jason Bourne rolled into one riveting kick-ass action hero. Delivering in his performance and his dedication to the stunts. Robert Knepper is excellent, playing a very clever and vicious villain. A terrifically entertaining and absolutely exhilarating action flick. A very enjoyable and very fun movie. It's a total blast. It's Bond for the twenty first century. This film delivers in every way. A bullets blazing, fist-flying, pedal to the metal and full-throttle action-adrenaline classic.
½ November 24, 2008
I know that the Transporter series is all about mindless, ridiculous, over-the-top action. I thought the second movie was great, and the first one was ok. With that said, The Transporter 3 was just abysmal. For the first 20 minutes, I was bored, but hopeful. For the next 30 or so, I was anxiously wishing that the movie was over. During the remainder of the time, I was just completely in awe at the massive cajones that the producers, director, and distributers must have to even think of releasing a movie this terrible and CHARGING people MONEY to see it.

My biggest complaint has to be the video editing during the action sequences. It deserves its own paragraph. Why in God's name would anyone choose to use such a choppy, disorienting style? It was just like listening to a scratched CD skip, except much more annoying. The rest of the movie could have been fantastic, but I still would have hated it, just based on how completely stupid the editing was.

But don't worry, that's not the case. The rest of the movie is equally awful. The actress who played Valentina was certainly beautiful, but every single time she opened her mouth, awful came out. A terrible actress plus terrible dialogue is not a good combination. The story is so throw-away that they really shouldn't have even bothered with it, the fight choreography is a noticeable step backwards from The Transporter 2, and Jason Statham doesn't even make an effort to appear as though he's not in the movie solely to collect a paycheck. After seeing him in The Bank Job (where he actually got to ACT, and did a good job of it), it's particularly jarring to see him in such a one-note role.

I really hope that this is the end of the Transporter series. Jason is too talented to muck around in movies like this, and there are other mindless action films that have taken over this genre, now. I HATED this movie.
October 8, 2009
decent 2nd sequel spoilt by annoying ginger russian bitch who cannot act
cosmo313
July 13, 2008
Some of the ideas here were creative (the explosive bracelets for example), but some of the stunts and action were so over the top that it's a little hard to suspend disbelief for very long. This film is not boring though, however things are starting to get very stale, especially in the ideas department, and that's not a good thing.
TomBowler
July 31, 2009
really, really boring. i fell asleep and woke up glad that i had.
bbcfloridabound
½ July 24, 2009
Action, Action, Action, and More Action. Start to Finish. Wish I had the house the car drove into. Jason Staham and Natalya Rudakova make a great pair. The idea behind this movie is fantastic, wrist bombs, how cool is that. Chase scenes were great, except the scene with car going on two wheels between two eighteen wheelers, the fake poured out on that one. But I missed Transporter 2 and after seeing this one, I will go back and find Number 2. 4 1/2 stars. Would be a great Blue Ray.
MANUGINO
April 28, 2009
Practically the most not life like all the 3 transporter movies, it's really just the same thing him kicking ass all through out, he doesn't die or gets close to dying, he takes on a million guys at the same time, never bleeds or nothing lol just simply an unrealistic action-pack popcorn movie to watch when you have nothing else to do and the chick was kinda hot I might add.. Frank Martin returns to Marseillies and continues running his business as a covert "courier", until one night he is captured and forced to deliver package, with an explosive device attached to his wrist which will detonate if he moves 50ft or more away from his car. Accompained by a mysterious woman on the job, chased by government assassins and his minders, Frank must uncover the puzzle to his predicament before the wrist device blows him to pieces.
½ June 5, 2008
[grabs Frank's jacket]
Thug: You have 10 seconds to change your mind.
Frank Martin: You have 5 seconds to move your hand.

Jason Statham returns once again as Frank Martin, an ex special forces soldier turned courier for questionable characters, as long as they follow his rules. While Statham remains the dictionaries picture of cool, this movie is unfortunately hurt by poor pacing involving a romantic subplot.

The plot this time around involves Frank being forced into a job that involves moving a package through Europe. Problem is, Frank has been fitted with a bomb on his arm that will explode if he ventures further than 75 ft from the car. The other problem involves a girl who also has a bomb on her arm and has to join him for the ride.

Frank Martin: Do I look like a man who came half-way across Europe to die on a bridge?

The evil dude behind this, played pretty well by Robert Knepper (as far as Transporter villains go), has a plot to force someone high in power to sign something for the sake of some plan involving chemicals... I don't know how to keep describing this, because I didn't really care.

Also returning is Francois Berleand as detective Marconi. In the first film he and Frank had an understanding. In the second they were kind of friends. Now in the third, they are actually fishing buddies.

New to the series is director Olivier Megaton, who lends the film a quality visual style that maintains the tone of the series, while having his own amount of flash to make it work well enough. The film series also continues to have its action scenes planned out by martial arts choreographer Cory Yuen. This provides for some very cool fight scenes and driving stunts for Frank to get into.

Frank Martin: Let me guess. You're the smart one.
Enormous thug: No. I am the big one.

Of course, being attached to a car also gives the Transporter a chance to continually transport, while getting into numerous car chases and car related action scenes.

There is one main problem, even with all the cool action that this movie has, which is actually (while still unbelievable) toned down from the second film, I can't get past how badly paced this movie is. Between the action scenes the movie is bogged down by boring plot and once again, another annoying female co-star. However, rewatching this movie, its not merely as much of a problem as I remembered, but it is still noticeable.

The movie is still quite fun, with Berleand's Marconi character being very entertaining and Statham still standing as the epitome of cool. This is more than I can say about the latest Bond film (which was more disappointing considering that the third Transporter film doesn't really lead to much expectation).

A lot of good action in a decent movie.

Frank Martin: Why is everyone so concerned with my rules?
cancercapricorn2002
½ April 22, 2009
Although I cannot deny it is a weak film, I did enjoy the original film in the series before being disappointed by the rather less fun second film. I like Stratham as an action star sufficiently to come back for this third in the series, even though I basically did know what I was letting myself in for as I couldn't imagine that things would be vastly different from what had gone before. They are not of course but Transporter 3 is closer to the silly fun of the first film than the messy first sequel. This is not to say that the plotting is any better of course, because it really is not - just as much nonsense and full of internal logic (never mind real world logic). The improvement the plot does make on the second film is to simplify it so that it isn't as messy and as full of things but has a sleeker content that allows for it to maintain a better pace without too much exposition breaking it up all the time.

Of course there is still some required and it doesn't help that we never really care about the plot too much. The audience will have assumed ("guessed" implies it is a mystery - it is too obvious for that) who Valentina is long before it is "revealed", while the details of the toxic waste are so vague as to be incidental. This vagueness may allow the film to focus on action but it has the negative effect of stopping the audience get engaged in the plot and actually end up questioning what it is doing. The device of the bracelet bombs adds a bit of an answer to many questions and, although silly, does add pace and urgency to the action at times and keep the characters close to the car - which in fairness is what the target audience want the script to do as well.

The action sequences are not as remarkable as I would have liked. There is plenty of action but it is delivered in a frantic way that suggests that it was shot one small move at a time and then edited together to make it look fluid. I preferred the action in the original as, although it is a bit MTV-ed, it did allow the camera to film what is going on in a stylish and quite fluid way. Here even enjoyable fight sequences lose their impact by how they are filmed and delivered and I took it as a big disservice to the effort and ability of Stratham to deliver it in this way. That said, it does still work as an action film and has plenty of big dumb stunts to amuse and distract.

As always Stratham is a great physical presence - he is very able and very impressive. Such a shame that the director stakes away so much of his good work. Here the script serves him the job of falling for his "package" and he doesn't really convince. Of course it doesn't help to have the Eastern European black hole of Rudakova next to him as she is so stiff and unlikable that I never bought anything she was involved in. Make-up instead of tears, "spoilt child" instead of playfulness, jerking motions instead of coyness - I could go on. Is she thin? Yes. Is she attractive? Yes. Is she young? Yes. Outside of these qualities that countless women have does she have much else that justifies her being in this? No, not really. Knepper is a good villain and matches Statham well by being all about the presence and the gruffness. Berleand returns as per series norm but mostly mumbles along pulling a plot together as he goes. Really none of them are helped by a script that, silly events aside, does have a few lovely dialogue screamers as well.

Transformer 3 is nowhere near good enough to be a platform to get a bigger audience but it is good enough to keep Transporter fans happy. In this regard I am not sure why Statham did it but he is good in it with most of his shortcomings being done to the script and the delivery. The plot and other aspects are mostly dumb but on the whole they are an entertaining type of dumb that come together to make a film that is enjoyable despite being all very so-so.
skactopus
April 8, 2009
Olivier Megaton brings the third installment of the Transporter series to the screen and once again there is nothing really spectacular about it.Watching Transporter before Transporter 2 is not a requirement. The same applies here. There is no problem with skipping the first 2 and jumping straight to this one. Only Jason Statham's and François Berléand's characters connect the 3.The plot is pretty darn weak and that is not surprising. This 1 hour 40 minute movie is just about action, a hero that kicks butt, and a beautiful woman to sex it up. The story does have an interesting concept by having the Frank Martin character wear a bracelet that explodes if he gets too far away from his car. The writing puts this concept to good use and because of this there are a bunch of car scenes.The action is the usual. The fight scenes and the car chases aren't award winning, however they are more than entertaining enough to help this movie fly by. The soundtrack isn't too shabby either.There is nothing new about Jason Statham. Everything that is expected from him, which isn't much, happens. Natalya Rudakova is the babe in this story and there is nothing wrong here, except her English can be a little difficult to understand. Robert Knepper, believe it or not, pulls off a noteworthy villain.Transporter 3 delivers what everyone expects. Fans of the first 2 installments will enjoy this one.
November 29, 2008
For those who believe that more is better, Transporter 3 is a let down, Don't go expecting any plot, Just look for some excellent action, a badass Jason Statham and a red-headed sexpot.
Beefy
½ March 22, 2009
Passable action fare with some good fight scenes and driving sequences, but almost undone by an obnoxious female lead character not worth caring about.
deano
½ October 22, 2008
Jason Statham's perfect as the return of Frank Martin aka the Transporter and he kicks everyone's ass regardless of the situation and gives a very fast paced action thrill ride. He becomes the famous action icon of 2000s.
It's different to the sequels is awesome and action is something this movie doesn't skimp out on. While not as show-offish as the previous film, which had action in every-other-scene, this entry in the series definitely has its share of fist-fights and car-chases, explosions and gun-battles. Director Olivier Megaton takes over for Louis Leterrier and does a good job at maintaining the mood set by previous films, and he does great with the action.
At finally, this is the first time romantic interest for Martin is the kidnapped sexy young woman Valeninta played by Natalya Rudakova - she is fun-loving, spunky and very open to anything.
December 5, 2008
The first Transporter flick was fun. It came from out of nowhere, was greatly entertaining, and showed Jason Statham to be a true action star.

The second film proved largely disappointing, due largely to some cartoonishly unbelievable sequences that exceeded any suspension of disbelief. However, upon watching it again recently, it's still a somewhat enjoyable flick.

This third entry again falls far short of the original. Aside from one or two good fight scenes, I found it actually somewhat boring in parts, and I didn't care for the girl at all.
The biggest drawback, however, is the baffling inclusion of a gimmick far better suited for a Crank sequel than Transporter . It's unnecessary and completely out of place.

There are a couple exciting scenes that remind us why we liked Transporter in the first place, but like the last entry, this one pales in comparison to the original.