Trigun: Badlands Rumble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Trigun: Badlands Rumble Reviews

June 15, 2013
Review Coming!
½ January 17, 2014
It's like you sit here collecting money without doing anything...

Gasback is one of the most notorious thieves in the entire galaxy. He is a ruthless robber who robs more for the fun of it than the actual money. Vash encountered Gasback during his last mission and almost brought him down. Sometime later Vash and an assassin he's smitten with head to Macca City. Once they arrive, it quickly appears Vash and Gasback are destined to cross paths again.

"Life is a struggle over resources."

Satoshi Nishimura, director of all 26 episodes of the original Trigun series, delivers Trigun: Badlands Rumble. The storyline for this movie is very interesting and has dynamic characters that are fascinating and easy to root for. The animation style is awesome and definitely well done.

"If you pull that trigger you'll be the one to die."

I could never really get into the Trigun series because I always found Vash so irritating. The rest of the characters, the stories, and action are all awesome, so I think watching this as a 90 minute film really worked for me (I may even give the series a shot again). Nevertheless, as a standalone movie, this is definitely an awesome anime picture.

"I just want a replacement donut."

Grade: A-
June 3, 2013
Great story, the Vash from the series is present with his donut and peace loving ways. The visual aspect is incredible. A real treat for someone who loves the series.
½ November 13, 2012
Vash and Co. return for a new original Trigun tale which plays like an extended episode but still delivers the old action-comedy-Western mash-up goodness with brilliant modern animation.
May 30, 2012
Not a fan of Trigun? Never even heard of the series? Then don't touch this with a ten-foot pole. Personally, I was really hoping the two women from the insurance company wouldn't make an appearance, or that stupid black cat, but nope, that was too much to ask for, it seems.
May 17, 2012
It was terrible! Maybe I never watch TV series, but still bad! Jokes were not funny, actions were so-so, one of the worst Japanese anime ever made...
½ April 25, 2012
It wasn't as good as the series, but just the fact that someone put this together brings a smile to my face.
½ December 31, 2011
Holy crap I loved this movie. Westerns are my favorite film genre ,and I love anime, and having seen the original anime, I knew this movie was gonna be awesome.

I was laughing a lot , and the soundtrack was awesome too.

And dat Wolfwood.
November 22, 2011
(4 Stars) Trigun: Badlands Rumble is a fun animated film with vibrant and thrilling action scenes. It helps to have seen the original TV series to understand why the characters are the way they are as not a lot of emphasis is put on character development... this is definitely made for existing fans. Like the series, it somehow makes a barren desert landscape as a backdrop an intriguing setting. It's a sci-fi western with an armed pacifist (Vash the Stampede) who is too goofy not to like. The returning side characters are cool (namely Wolfwood) and I liked Amelia, the new gunslinger in the film. The villain Gasback is kind of stock, but he's still a brutal, very western-esque villain. The comedy bits sometimes work and sometimes go on too long, but nothing is ever too offensive. Consider Trigun: Badlands Rumble a very good extended episode with upgraded animation. It's not Cowboy Bebop: The Movie great, but it's certainly worth watching.
December 1, 2015
Maybe more like a 3.75. I really enjoyed this. I really enjoyed the manga and the anime too. It was nice to see the movie fit the same tone.
½ February 11, 2015
It fails to meet the standards that the series layed down.
October 1, 2014
I must say that I loved the anime, so I was a total sucker for this movie. Trigun: Badlands Rumble brings back one of the greatest shows of the genre with better animation, the characters we all know and love (Wolfblood being my favorite) along with some new ones, and a good story for what it is. Definitely worth the watch if you liked the t.v. show.
August 5, 2014
The return of the Stampede! This movie is like the original show; fun, cool, hilarious, chaotic and just...awesome! This is truly like I said...The Return of the Stampede! Vash and friends are back and just as cool. There are also a few new characters who does fill their roles perfectly. This is Trigun!
July 13, 2014
a classic example of if Hollywood would make Westerns like this... everyone would start watching then again. The action steals the show and fans of the series will love the story and characterization but anyone outside not so much. i liked it as it should take diehard fans into a smooth transaction for conclusion.

final grade = B-
May 10, 2014
This movie takes everything I loved about the Trigun television show and puts it into one movie, which for me is honestly easier to come back and re watch than the show it, however I know the movie wouldn't have the same significance to me if I hadn't seen the television show before. The movie is a lot of fun.
½ January 17, 2014
It's like you sit here collecting money without doing anything...

"Life is a struggle over resources."

"If you pull that trigger you'll be the one to die."

"I just want a replacement donut."

Grade: A-
January 8, 2014
Great villain and setting. "Loud, chaotic, colorful, occasionally amusing."
July 12, 2011
Pretty much like the series.
½ November 28, 2013
You can ignore Roger Moore's opinion on this film, because this is a really good recapping of the original series, which was both heartwrenching and epic for its time, in the form of an original movie with an original story that is also compelling and, in all honesty, a bucket-load of fun.

If I was to have any say in the studio that produced this movie, I would say reboot the Trigun series with the quality of animation and story that was shown in this. The fans would greatly appreciate it, and though Trigun is not in my top ten, I certainly enjoyed it.
November 16, 2013
did wolfood always show so much pecs?