Trojan War

Trojan War Reviews

xxdebxx
xxdebxx

April 23, 2011
"Trojan War" is a teen movie from the '90s about a high school senior's chance with the most sought after girl in class which turns into a crazy all out search for a condom (yes, that's what "Trojan" in the title refers) to have sex with the girl of his dreams. Meanwhile his best friend is in love with him but it takes him the whole movie to realize that his gal pal is the better choice.

Along the way he has misadventures with the cops led by Lee Majors after his parent's car is stolen, and Anthony Michael Hall as a psychotic bus driver who really hates passengers that board his bus without exact change.
October 31, 2012
As a fan of the TV series Boy Meets World it is always fun to see the actors in other roles. Will Friedle and Jennifer Love Hewitt are great in this movie that also has a good message in the end. Harmless fun but nothing of great importance.
T.R. 3781
July 10, 2014
BO and Critic disaster. Even so, I guess they never expected that after almost 20 years, someone would still stumble upon this film, got instantly interested, and starts watching.
January 22, 2014
post License to Drive pre Take me home Tonight, but with JLH looking dreamy
October 27, 2013
Hewitt's boobs are phenominal. So are Friedle's.
September 2, 2013
The same premises as many teen movies: guy wants one girl, has another girls help that's just a friend, one girl is not all she cracked up to be, goes to other girl, ending movie kiss. Rinse, recycle, repeat. It's bland and not worth the price of admission.
April 30, 2013
Apparently this was made on a 15 million dollar budget and made only $309 total. That would mean that in the year 1997, only 51 people went to see this movie across the country before it was pulled from theaters. That's astonishing. It wasn't all that awful, but still not good.
Jake D.
October 9, 2010
Not the worst thing ever. It actually does have a couple funny moments. Obviously cliche, but it does it a better than average way.
Justin Oberholtzer
November 17, 2009
Comedies that rely on road trip antics and shenanigans tend to be among my favorites. Like any other genre, though, if done incorrectly, the results can be horrendous. Trojan War is one of those cases.

The premise is decent enough. Brad Kimble (Will Friedle) is finally getting the chance to get with the girl of his dreams, Brooke Kingsley (Marley Shelton). Only problem is, he forgot to bring a condom. He sets out on a journey to achieve a Trojan condom, while encountering the homeless, thugs, spanish club members who thinks he looks like David Hasselhoff, a deranged bus driver and even the cops. In the midst of all of this, his best friend Leah Jones (Jennifer Love Hewitt) is dealing with her hidden love of Brad, while doing her best to not lose her cool when he's falling head over heels for Brooke.

This in lies where my first problem is. Casting Jennifer Love Hewitt as the quasi-nerdy guys best friend and unpopular girl is miscasting at its best. Though this is before her time as the IT girl in movies such as I Know What You Did Last Summer and Can't Hardly Wait, it still feels out of place. Watching this movie you know she should be cherished more than she is.

Another problem is what plagues all comedies such as this, predictability. Now I usually let this slide if I'm enjoying the film. It's when I'm bored with the flick that it becomes noticeable. I could care less about the characters, so seeing the conclusion didn't elicit any emotion from me.

Where these comedies truly shine is in the crazy antics and kooky characters the lead encounters. None of Brad's encounters are enjoyable, and they all seem to repeat themselves twice in the film. The only encounters that come close to being entertaining are Brad's interactions with the thugs (them holding up a drug store got a few chuckles out of me).

Trojan War misses the mark and point of films such as this. Instead of creating likable characters, George Huang opts to throw crap on the wall and see what sticks. Barely any of it does.
jazza923
October 11, 2009
Jennifer Love Hewitt gives a very entertaining performance. The film is predictable but not without it's charms. The cast is good, it has some very funny moments and I was never bored. Good score. Better than average teen comedy.
J.Perez
September 24, 2009
.5/4

Very Pointless!
kingofthecorn
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.
treygirl
April 29, 2006
A quirky teen comedy about a guy who just wants a condom..and the hottest girl in school. Fredile is pretty good here, and this is one of the few movies I like JLH in, because i feel like she doesnt get enough roles that really fit her.:)