Truman Reviews

½ May 6, 2012
Truman succeeds at being a comprehensive, well acted, informative, and generally well written biopic. Undoubtedly the portrayal of Truman was too charitable, but the level of humanity that Gary Sinise was able to inject really carried the film throughout. I would have liked to see the more aggressive side of Truman, and some of his internal political battles with his own party, but for its running time, Truman manages to cover a lot of ground, and does so in a largely effective way.

3.5/5 Stars
October 23, 2014
A nice dramatization of the 33rd President of the United States. No wonder it earned several awards and nominations. It's even based on a book of the same name that won the 1993 Pulitzer Prize for "Biography or Autobiography."
½ May 6, 2012

3.5/5 Stars
June 16, 2011
A fine docu-drama that brought history alive with a screen-fitting story. It prompted me to read and seek out more. Something, though -- I'm not quite sure what -- stopped short of enthralling me as these political dramas sometimes do. So 4 stars for me.