Tune in Tomorrow... (Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tune in Tomorrow... (Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter) Reviews

½ June 20, 2006
I used to be a shameful drooling Keanu Reeves fan, I can't believe I've never heard of this one!

July 31st, MMXII: Aaaand there's a good reason for that. This movie tries too damn hard and just doesn't have what it takes. It's not funny. At best it's droll, but you can pick out the spots where you're supposed to laugh and just don't. I can think of only one gag that I found amusing. I spent most of the running time of this movie looking at my watch. Every character that was supposed to be endearing was wooden at best and irritating at worst. Peter Falk was the worst offender. I watched this movie all the way to the end before I realized that I had sat through this piece of crap once before. I just wish I had learned the first time.
FilmFanatik
July 14, 2011
This was surprisingly irrevrent and fun - not to mention hilarious. It's an interesting story with some great one-liners and just an overall fun atmosphere. It also has a sensational cast with Peter Falk, Hope Lange, Peter Gallagher, Elizabeth McGovern and Patricia Clarkson, all with great supporting parts. However, the only glaring flaw of the cast is actually its two leads: Keanu Reeves and Barbara Hershey. Keanu just feels like he doesn't belong in this movie and barely squeeks by with a lackluster performance while Barbara just doesn't seem all that into it. If these two parts had been cast with more appropriate actors, this could have been a real classic. I do think it's a sort of classic as is, but there's room for improvement. Overall, it's definitely enjoyable and should give you a few laughs.
deano
½ December 3, 2006
Strange little comedy with Reeves falling, understandly, for aunt Hershey, only to find that manic, Albanian-hating, scriptwriter Falk is using their romance in his soap-operas.
August 2, 2008
Cute, hilarious, funny performances by (a very young) Keanu Reeves, Barbara Hershey and especially Peter Falk, as the radio scriptwriter with a personal thing against Albanians. Spoiled only by Keanu's weak attempt at a southern accent, but I forgive that because, as usual, he's absolutely adorable.
½ April 19, 2007
A younger Keanu Reeves showing off his acting chops. A story about a young man that falls in love with his Aunt. (not blood relation) Peter Faulk plays a writer that writes about the whole experience and actually instigates most of it for drama. I won't tell you who ends up with who. Fair ending. A bit boring in the middle.
½ March 29, 2015
Even if it's sometimes too fast paced, and Keanu predictably stiff, 'Tune In Tomorrow' is still an enjoyably kooky look at love and radio dramas. Aside from Amiel's energetic direction and a chucklesome script, the film is mainly carried by a wonderfully offbeat Falk as the embodiment of the eccentric writing genius who sometimes go a little too far.
½ December 6, 2012
Keanu Reeves and Barbara Hershey are fun to look at, but their strange line readings are alienating. Peter Falk's character is supposed to draw everything together, but he only distracts by his odd outfits and blotchy face make up. Many other talented actors in minor parts. I've read the book the movie is based on, and one thing that I remember was that Pedro was anti-Argentine, I think. When this is transposed to Albanians, the racism is defused, since being against Argentines if you're Peruvian is more like being anti-Mexican or anti African American. The movie makes racism into an almost endearing trait, with the albanians being humorless for not being able to take a joke. The film did have a cheerful, sunny quality, and the music by Marsalis and the Neville brothers is beautiful.
October 31, 2011
An incredible waste of time...