Dünyayi kurtaran adam (The Man Who Saves the World) (Turkish Star Wars) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dünyayi kurtaran adam (The Man Who Saves the World) (Turkish Star Wars) Reviews

½ December 6, 2011
Really? Stealing not only direct clips from Star Wars, but audio from famous films like Indiana Jones. Worst movie ever made.
Jossepi
½ February 23, 2010
The film was made during the Turkish political upheaval time when imported films were scarce in the theater. This film consists clips from the original Star Wars with completely different and border-line propaganda narration. The music were also taken from many different films. This is the worst Star Wars bootleg film.
½ August 13, 2008
The worst and the best movie ever at the same time. I couldn't stop laughing, and I think that the fact that I watched it without subtitles helped that.
March 18, 2007
AKA: Turkish Star Wars
As good as I've heard. Truly unbelievable in it's craziness.
½ March 18, 2016
Just when you thought you've seen the worst films ever made something like Dünyay? Kurtaran Adam (Turkish Star Wars) comes along. Backstory: In 1982 a group of filmmakers illegally took footage from Star Wars, the music from Indiana Jones & cobbled together an awesomely bad piece of cinematic sh*t. If you're a connoisseur of movie cheese this is the film for you.
½ November 26, 2013
better known as turkish star wars. how the hell did i watch this before the actual star wars? turkey being primarily known in the film world for appropriating american films is actually unfortunate and kind of fucked up but these movies are definitely crazy and pretty interesting. a uniquely bad and miserable experience. watch it on youtube if you laughed out loud at these screenshots
June 14, 2013
It was awful stealing clips directly from Star Wars and music as well but it was so hilariously bad that you HAVE to watch to believe
½ April 14, 2012
While it may be one of the worst films, or maybe the worst film ever made, it is hilarious in every aspect of how horrible it is. I will never hear the Indiana Jones theme the same way ever again. Still, things were always happening and there is never a boring moment. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves shitty trash cinema.
February 5, 2012
Commonly known as Turkish Star Wars, it also features the music from Indiana Jones and Flash Gordon. The whole film is like a JRPG, complete with pro Islam themes and craptastic action. As far as bad movies go, this one is a keeper.
August 23, 2010
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. this movie is..... GOD AWEFUL! but funny as shit. its so scratched so its hard for people how are epileptic. there's alot of ''awesome'' choreography. its plot is ''soid'' and its special effects JAW DROPING! its a masterpiece of EPIC AND I MEAN EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! proportions..................................... just joking... IT WAS GOD AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL FERDICT 4/10
½ July 20, 2010
I think This film should be screened in a theater packed with pot heads smoking weed and having a blast....seriously watch it baked it's funny as hell!!!!
May 13, 2010
This is also known as The Man Who Saved The World, but no matter what you call it, it's terrible. But terrible in the best kind of way.

This Turkish production (as if you didn't already know that) is not some sort of remake, nor does it resemble the original 1977 film in any way, shape, or form, with none of the characters resembling, or having the same name (or any names at all), of the Lucas game changer. What it does have in common though- this movie liberally takes the space dogfights and rear projects them behind our heroes in the beginning (with a bit of footage scattered throughout), to simulate them being in a space battle, during which they are shot down and they crash land onto a desert world. A note about this entire beginning- it's damn near impossible to follow what the hell is going on.

A-Wings, X-Wings, Y-Wings, and TIE Fighters all abound, but hell if I know which ships our intrepid heroes are in, as things like continuity, establishing shots, logic, sense, and just plain good filmmaking are absent here. The rear projections are some of the worst you are going to see, and the dialogue makes little sense-

Hero 1- Base, I'm ascending now.

Cut to some SW footage of X-Wings descending.

Hero 2- I'm ascending too.

Thanks movie! Thanks for getting the -cending prefixes wrong, and thanks for stating what you are doing so blatantly. I do not need introductions to characters, nor do I need any reason for why they are fighting.

That's a big thing here, fyi, lack of any clear motivation. The Wizard, as he is simply known , but only in the last third of the movie, our main bad guy, simply wants to take over Earth, why? Because he's the bad guy, duh! But, for some reason he's focusing all his powers on the desert planet, which has the pyramids and the sphinx, for no discernible reason. Also, parts of the Earth have been disintegrated off, again, for no sensical reason.

Anyways, so Hero 1 and 2 (although 2 is eventually given the name Ali, but for the first hour, neither of them have names) are wandering around when, due to "the wrong kind of whistling", an army of proto-skeleton guys shows up out of nowhere and a fight, which recycles the same three shots at least 4 times each, and in the first of many hilariously silly fight scenes where the punches and kicks clearly are 5 inches away from the target, this one is a highlight simply because the skeleton guys are on horses and still get their asses handed to them despite that they have weapons (vs. our heroes fists), and a clear tactical advantage in that they should know the terrain. However, I am being logical, and if there was ever anything created by man that absolutely, outright refused to be burdened by logic, or it's numerous applications, it's most assuredly, Turkish Star Wars.

Anyways, the two are-they-aren't-they lovers (aka our heroes) eventually stumble upon a small group of maybe humans, and Hero 1 eye-fucks this girl, so intently that I was wondering if this wasn't going to become more of a Silence of the Lambs knock off, but then I realized, that's just what our hero does. He eye-fucks everything- rocks, people, space, bad guys, empty air, swords, brains, 2-dimensions, and everything else you can possible imagine that can be seen.

Anyways, after five minutes of falling in love with the girl, and Hero 2, aka Ali, might have fallen for her younger brother, it's awkward, and makes little sense, we are treated to the most nerve shattering, nonsensical, aneurism causing, head scratching, nausea inducing line ever put to anything ever, also, did I mention it's about the funniest freaking thing ever uttered by a human!!

Our heroes are leaving, to somewhere, some place, and Hero 2 says, "She's fallen in love with you."

Hero 1's response is the much to do about line - "No, she just realized the beauty of feeling. She's realized she's human."

Well, what in the living, goddamned hell did she think she was before??!! She's clearly human, as she's not a mummy- yes mummies are in this movie- nor a red monster thing, nor a brown monster thing, nor one of the proto-skeleton guys, nor one of the weird ass robots guys the Wizard keeps around.

Hell, just a few minutes beforehand they call her and her brother human! So what on god's green earth did she think she was? A freaking sentient carrot? Maybe an overly large and featherless bird? What the hell?

Also, I laughed for about five minutes straight at this line.

Oh, so about the whole 2D, sword, and brain thing, um, in a Muslim/ Catholic temple (yes, it's a combo of both, please don't ask), is a spiky sword that I swear to the powers that be, is in only 2 dimensions. Swear it! Also, when you combine the brain and the sword, Ali will die, but Hero 1 gets bronze colored pleather gloves and boots, that allow him to trampoline jump (something he's fond of doing) over anyone, and block their attacks, and rip the "Yo Gabba Gabba" rejects in half. It's all as silly as it sounds.

Speaking of sounds, this movie "borrows" music from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Flash Gordon (wish I were kidding about this one), and Halloween.

As a movie, it fails on every conceivable level, but for a howlingly damn good time, as long as you don't bring logic, sense, or any intelligence to the proceedings, you just might enjoy it.
March 2, 2008
Yes 4.0 stars, why? well, I must admit that I was in [that] kinda' mood... the mod that can only be explained as gitty and it really made me laugh my ass off, it's so bad, and I mean so shitty that it is very good, although anyone who likes Bollywood would disagree with me because Bollywood has its foundations on crap like this piece of garbage, but in any case, this reminded me a bit of some very terrible Pollywood flicks and some shitty mexican movies of the 60-70's. It's the best garbage I've seen, henceforth 4.0 stars.

Anyway, this movie is extremely turkish, it's sexist, and funny thing about it is that it's supposed to be happening in a piece of Earth that survived and that place happens to be Capadocia (Turkey)... oh, well... I didn't plan to write so much or even expect to be understood, so what the hell should I care.

If u watch it roll a splif and chill.
December 10, 2008
This is so much fun to watch. One of those cult type films to watch over and over and notice something new each time.
November 10, 2008
This obscure cult classic intercuts shots of the actors with stolen clips of Star Wars special effects. The result? Hilarious. An X-wing streaks across the screen, streaming red lasers. A tie-fighter explodes! Cut to a close-up of the Turkish male lead winking at the camera and saying "He came too close my behind." Okay, I made that example up but the film is full of stuff like that. It's great for about 20 minutes of ironic hilarity with your friends. You can't stand much more of it because of how utterly nonsensical the "plot" is. But the first few minutes will have you howling. 5-stars for that hilarity. It doesn't even register for half a non-ironic star.
½ August 29, 2009
Well, it's still better than the Ice Age sequels, you get to see clips from Star Wars and hear music from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Battlestar Galactica, and many other films and tv shows that was popular in 1982.
The actual filmed footage however was just insulting to the eyes.
Although, I do like the title credits music, it's so glorious, I want it as my ringtone.
½ March 18, 2016
March 4, 2016
Funny sounds, bad editing and very cool music. Everything you want from a good bad-film. Very funny stuff indeed.

All right story - stupid and fitting as it blends the weird with the known story of "Star Trek". It's a cool character that "Turist" guy. I dug him. The shapeshift thing is also a treat. "Italian Spiderman" comes to mind here - production-wise, but I liked that one a whole lot better. I believe I lost out of much fun caused by translation issues here.

A foreign cult classic that's just simple fun, but I was hoping for more.

4.5 out of 10 salt grains
½ December 22, 2015
Truly one of the most unique attempts at making a movie in the history of cinema. Filled with rock punching, explosions, and trampolines, this Turkish
"interpretation" of Star Wars is possibly one of the "best" bad movies ever made.
December 21, 2015
So much insight into the franchise of war (and funny), it should not be missed in 3D from the vantage of an R2D bed for torturing dissident children of Disney's insane asylums.