• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

Twenty Bucks Reviews

cosmo313
cosmo313

August 23, 2007
This was originally written in 1935, but put aside and forgotten about for almost 6 decades. After the screenwriter's death, his son found this forgotten work, read and fell in love with it, and, after updating it for contemporary times, decided to finally have a film made out of it.

What we get here is a glimpse into the surprising life and times of a twenty dollar bill and the people that directly and indirectly come into contact with it. It's not a truly unique idea in general, but the use of such a ubiquitous object is. Having it solely focus on the bill would be boring, so what we really get presented with is a look at the lives of the people the bill comes in and out of contact with. They come from all walks of life and economic social classes, so, in effect, this is a clever little film that shows almost the full make up of the denizens of an anonymous American city.

Some of the many types of people that get followed include a lottery obsessed homeless woman, an aspiring writer working as a waitress, a veteran thief trying to train an unpredictable new partner, and a groom to be whose not too sure about his father-in-law to be.

The characters are made up of an impressive ensemble cast that includes names like Linda Hunt, Christopher Lloyd, Steve Buscemi, Elisabeth Shue, Brendan Fraser, among several others. They all do a pretty decent job, but my favorites are the first three people I mentioned. The film is presented as interwoven vignettes, and, while they're not uniformly great quality-wise, none of them are really terrible.

All in all this is a really fun and enjoyable film that's sadly underrated. Do yourself a favor and look it up.
Anthony L

September 28, 2009
A brilliant collection of short stories all linked by a 20 dollar bill. Highly original, with a great cast and great script.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 7, 2007
Good actors, interesting idea but sloppy execution
yodalewis
June 1, 2008
Pretty good movie. The plot and idea for the film is pretty awesome. I like how it shows society and how money impacts people's lives.
drobbbryan
March 24, 2008
Great movie- makes you think about where our money has been and will be. Also makes you think how we all live so differently, yet are all dependent on money somehow. Likeable characters with believable needs.
April 18, 2007
One of the best premises for a movie EVER! This highly underrated film should be a cult classic by now. Why isn't it?
peaceboy
September 21, 2006
I liked the concept, and some segments (Christopher Lloyd and Steve Buscemi, especially) worked better than others.
July 1, 2013
Great cast and great script...a must see...
September 3, 2011
Not a bad movie at all. Interesting enough to keep your attention and filled with big names. I've seen far worse from current movies.
kingofthecorn
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.