Twice Dead

Twice Dead Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 21, 2012
Decent haunted house film, but could have been much better. Where the film fails is because it lacks anything truly scary, and is more tongue in cheek for most of its run time. The films biggest problem is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. The films plot is all over the place, and it uses all the usual clichés established by previous superior horror films. Twice Dead is mindless fun, but it leaves you wanting more out of the film. The film has some slasher elements thrown in with the supernatural and it doesn't quite succeed. I thought this was a decent film, but it lacked anything truly memorable to make it worth seeing. This film is worth watching only once, and doesn't necessitate multiple viewings. If you're looking for a great haunted house film, you'll be disappointed. Overall a decent film, but the script is so paper thin that it really doesn't do anything truly interesting with its ideas. Director Bert L. Dragin can\'t seem to direct a consistent film where there's some genuine chills on-screen. I liked the film, but felt it could have been much better. As a haunted house film, this one is quite forgettable and doesn't really stand out among others in the genre. The film had potential, but most of the time it ended up falling flat. A decent little tongue in cheek film and nothing more.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

December 15, 2011
Twice Dead came in a Roger Corman DVD 2 pack that I recently received, but it turns out to be the least of the two films... so much for going out with a bang. This was just an odd movie all around, and not in an interesting way. The film spends most of its time being a typical 80's movie where teenagers are terrorized by a... biker gang? Yeah, so anyway, they fight back, but suddenly receive aid from the ghost of a dead actor who's former house they just moved into. And, is it just me, or was the relationship between the brother and sister strange? It seems almost incestual, without anything actually going on. They care just a wee bit too much for each other, and it sticks out. There are a couple of creepy moments and very little in the gore department, but the story is just flat out boring and uninteresting, as is most of the film itself. On the positive side, it does have Brooke Bundy in it. I suppose that has to count for something, right?
February 8, 2011
I was into this due to the Jill Whitlow connection, being a big fan of hers from the Night Of The Creeps film, and it has some interesting moments but doesn't really gain enough momentum to put itself above the average horror fare.

Worth a look for fans of Whitlow, but also fairly forgettable.