—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Two Brothers Reviews

Leigh R

March 5, 2007
Heartbreaking and wonderful all at the same time. Great film.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

January 1, 2008
ooh my god this film is excellent its about two tigers (brothers) that get seperated dad gets killed and mum is shoot but survives and they get one owned by the circus the other by a wealthy person and they are set to fight each other but recognise each other and run away together but theres alot more then wot im saying its a lovely heart warming film it gave me goosepipples and made me cry so worth a watch!!!
Dillon L

June 24, 2011
Sad yet cute. Entertaining yet stupid. Feeling good vs plot cliches. I'm not quite sure what to say. I feel stupid if I give it a positive review, but I don't think it's a bad movie per say.
neumdaddy
neumdaddy

July 12, 2004
I had a pretty profound thought earlier today, but it was kinda depressing. Seemed to make a lot of sense too, at the time anyway. Now my mood has floated from the depths back to the surface, and it's not worth really dwelling on any further.

...Fascinating, isn't it?
[size=1]Actually, I concluded that this thought holds the answer to everything that ever was and ever will be. But, it's dangerous, and not very fun. I think I'd better just leave it sitting idle in a dingy cellar in my mind somewhere. People will be happier that way, don't you think? Wouldn't be very nice of me to shatter everybody's already brittle existence, whether they're skipping along through it, or dragging their feet. This is assuming that my thought really does hold the weight that it...does (which I already did...assume). Of course, that just leaves you all to question as to why I even mention a thought that I cannot...mention. Further.[/size]

[size=1]No questions then? Excellent.[/size]

*Onward to more predictable goofiness!*

Just when I'm recovering from one finger injury, forcing me to sport a non-Snoopy decal'ed band-aid for nearly a week (stupid pocket knife!), I go and win myself another booboo. Even though it's the season for fireworks-related finger decapitations, this was much less exciting. However, for a single searing moment in the kitchen, I was wishing the thunder of God Himself to remove that pan of grease from this world in such a way that a pan of grease can feel utmost pain.

I was cooking up these "banana burrito" creations (egg roll wrap, bananas, jack fruit, and the fantabulous grease to fry 'em in) when I errantly flipped a burrito mid-fry. The resulting sploosh propelled a rather large globule of molten grease across the kitchen, which managed to lock its crosshairs on my poor finger's knuckle. Fate would not have it any other way than for my finger to be struck (No Christmas Card for Fate this year :mad: ). It was my right pointer finger too! That's like...the King of Fingers! Assassination attempt? "E tu, [color=black]Thumbé?" Probably not, but I can't be too sure. The thought never even crossed my mind that my fingers would plot against each other. I also have yet to take into account the fact that I was holding a spatula at the time. *shifts eyes...at fingers...then to utensil drawer*[/color]

So now my finger has this little Gorbachev spot on it. Kinda looks like a cartoonized version of Chief Sitting Bull. Or, if I look at the spot upside down, it looks like Sitting Bull doing a cartwheel. Take your pick.

And since I feel like it, here's all the movies I've bought, CD's I've bought, and books I've bought/borrowed/checked out in the past few months (I don't get to make such updates often, either):

[b]Movies[/b]:
--'Bedknobs & Broomsticks'
--'Ghostbusters'
--'Young Frankenstein'

[b]Music[/b]:
--John Lennon - "The John Lennon Collection"
--Jackson Browne - "The Next Voice You Hear - Best Of"
--Rod Stewart & The Faces - "Every Picture Tells A Story" (back when the man rocked but not popped)
--Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - "Deja vu"
--Astrud Gilberto - "Compact Jazz"
--Frank Sinatra & Count Basie - "It Might As Well Be Swing"
--"24 Old Timey Favorites" - Bluegrass

[b]Books[/b]:
--[i]Deadeye Dick [/i]by Kurt Vonnegut
--[i]Passage [/i]by Connie Willis
--[i]The Martian Chronicles [/i]by Ray Bradbury
--[i]The Magician's Nephew[/i] and [i]The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe[/i] by C.S. Lewis
--[i]Where The Sidewalk Ends[/i] by Shel Silverstein
--[i]The Complete Poems of Robert Frost[/i]
--[i]The Myth Of Natural Origins [/i]by Ashby L. Camp
--[i]Deep Thoughts[/i] by Jack Handey
Jackson W

May 24, 2011
A film that comes across as a cute lovable film about animals proves to be slow and uneventful in nature.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

September 16, 2009
I found this movie to be quite entertaining and moving at the same time. The movie tells of the separation of two tiger cubs, one is sold to a circus where he is mistreated by his sadistic handlers and the other is adopted as a pet by a young boy. The story is told from the tigers' perspective and director Jean-Jacques Annaud was very successful in conveying the tiger's thoughts and feelings without the use of words. He suggests rather than display violence becausethere is surprisingly little blood in this story about hunting, though the threat of attack is clear and pervasive. I have always thought that tigers were the most regal of all the great felines and these two are the most unforgettable and so is this movie which just reinforce that the biggest danger to tigers are us and we must exercise our power responsibly, not by destroying life, but by learning to value and cherish these endangered animals living in the wild.

The landscapes are impressive and the photography was amazing. A fantastic and touching movie with great performances by the Tigers who stole the show but Guy Pearce as the hunter and the little French boy weren't far behind them.
mingsysar
mingsysar

February 27, 2006
A cute film about tigers suddenly ups a notch with Guy Pearce's entrance into the arena. Young Freddie Highmore also impresses. Everyone will get something from this film. This especially goes for those who love The Jungle Book, tigers and cute animals doing cute things. The locations are incredible as well, particularly Angkor Wat. Oddly emotional and family friendly. Except, wait for the little footnote at the end of the film, very poignant.
Sarah P

October 21, 2007
A cute movie with even cuter tigers!
Isaac
Isaac

May 6, 2007
Boring, slow, bad. That's all I got to say.:rotten: :rotten: :rotten:
February 25, 2012
the bigging of this movie is very cute then it gets sad but it all works out in the end. i have this one
eluberzachokafka
September 4, 2008
This is a heartwarming movie staring two young tiger cubs who are being sold, tossed around and losing everything they know. It has fun for the family to enjoy but it also features sad moments between the tigers and the people around them. A good heartwarming film.
LHLilmissLynn
October 3, 2010
understanding of what its like to lose a sibling takein away from your family.growing up in a new place,scared and feeling alone.follow them in this unvailing storie of seperation.
crydun2004
August 14, 2010
I absolute LOVE tigers and this movie did a great job of showing them in their natural habitat. The story line was excellent as well..
marisatrevino
February 24, 2009
it was very sad but entertaining and i was honored to see that this was such a wonderful movie and i cried and cried to see that i loved it! it was amazing!
dancergrrl
January 18, 2009
this movie was ah-mazing, but totally sad. i cried so much!! all the tigers [plus freddie highmore] were so cute!!!
EvanAlmighty10
December 6, 2008
I am a succer for animal films, and this one was SO good. I loved the story of the bond between brothers. It had a deeper meaning to me with my brother, and I think that made me like it more.
loveorange12
July 16, 2008
i like this movie but one part of it is sad idk why but when i saw it in the theter w/ carlie,loren,and 2 other peeps
1HotGrandma
July 1, 2007
A delightful movie, especially if a animal lover. Wonderful family movie, but not for some younger kids as does have some sad parts to it.
cynthiazhou3993
January 9, 2008
Perfect movie!! I love the theme of friendship between animals and human, and the tragedy that hits the baby tiger cubs. I watched this movie a couple of years ago, and it's the only one I remember (I have pretty short-term movie rememberances...)
A great movie!!!