Bad Day on the Block (Under Pressure) (The Fireman) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Day on the Block (Under Pressure) (The Fireman) Reviews

April 3, 2007
I first saw this movie on cable and I loved it. Charlie Sheen usually plays the likeable hero or anti-hero. This movie has him playing against type and doing a very convincing job. Sheen plays decorated ex-firefighter Lyle Wilder who besides being a hero also is a very disturbed psychopath. When Wilder's wife and son leave him, it sends him over the edge and he turns his frustrations on the innocent family next door and just about anyone who dares to enter his world. Mare Winningham does a good job playing the neighbor that Sheen's character targets. See this movie if you get the chance.
October 1, 2010
Exciting thriller. There are few lengthy scenes, but after those it's thrill ride time.
January 22, 2011
Booooring! It should have been a shorter and less over-dramatic scenes. Charlie Sheen did a good performance.
May 31, 2008
It's the story of a family who accidentally becomes involved with the homicidal fireman next door. It was actually pretty good. It came on TV, I had nothing else to watch, so I gave it a try. It was suspenseful and it holds your interest throughout, which is rare nowadays. Worth a watch.
½ May 26, 2008
Charlie Sheen is really good and creepy. It does a good job at building suspense and was worth watching simply for the line "have a rice day!"
January 8, 2008
A must see film. Charlie Sheen is brilliant as the firefighter who begins to lose the plot.
April 3, 2007