Underclassman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Underclassman Reviews

December 28, 2007
A waste of time movie but entertaining enough to watch on TV at 1 in the morning. It should have been a made for TV anyway.
February 15, 2010
Reasonable entertainment for teens, but don't expect much if you have outgrown those days. As a youth it was a solid action comedy, but I found less excitement when I tried watching it again. (First viewing - Fall 2005 in theaters)
January 10, 2011
This movie was far less cheesy and over-the-top than I expected it to be. It's not an original story by any means, but it's still entertaining and worth the hour and a half. Nick Cannon is a far better actor than he is a musician.
April 15, 2008
Seriously. Wow. There's lame, and then there's lame, and then there's this crap. Nick Cannon proves why he's not in more movies, and Shawn Ashmore couldn't play a villian if the word were tattooed on his forehead. The lone star is for inexplicably keeping me awake at work after pulling an all-nighter.
½ March 18, 2008
unfortunately, throwing a bunch of plots together doesn't make a whole. and everything that it copies from other movies, has been done before and better.
February 28, 2008
This was very funny. Cannon is hysterical in any part he plays. He excels in this as the spunky younger undercover cop/ high school student.
½ January 17, 2008
A film that just begs you to laugh at it, while at the same time stealing plot points from every other film imaginable.
December 20, 2007
who cares about nick cannon,
roselyn sanchez and kelly hu.. show stoppers, i barely noticed that there was nick cannon in it
½ June 17, 2006
Kind of a waste of life, but Nick is pretty goodlooking so if your a Nick fan, knock yourself out. If not, then I definitely don't recommend it.
½ June 30, 2007
Sometimes you run into a movie where you just want to see how bad it really is. I randomly found this movie on Starz and thought I'd find out. After watching it, I have to say that I was shocked the IMDB score was this low. I have seen much worse movies than this (see new Fantastic 4), but I can't recommend this movie to anyone. Nick Cannon is not a good actor, and in this role he's just about 2 steps away from playing God. He can really just do anything he wants, it just seems way over the top. It reminded me of Beverly Hills Cop, only Eddie Murphy played the role 100 times better. Roselyn Sanchez is freakin' hot in this movie, so there's a reason to watch it...but seriously, Nick Cannon would have no shot. With her, or just about anything else he does in this movie.
½ April 20, 2007
Nick Cannon is the black Frankie Muniz, a no-talent kid who somehow falls ass-backwards into staring roles of usually lame movies.
June 18, 2006
An interesting premise with some great action and funny moments between Nick Cannon and Cheech Marin. If anything, it was fun watching this just to gawk at Roselyn and Kelly!
August 4, 2006
This movie was a surprisingly good one. Where teenagers act like actual teenagers. Not Shakespeare but definately an enjoyable movie.
½ January 15, 2006
What a stupid dumb ass movie. Nick Cannon is irritating. It's not funny, the cast stinks, the only decent cast member is Kelly Hu. The plot is lame. There is hardly anything good about this mess. Why on earth was this even made?
July 6, 2015
This movie has Roselyn Sanchez and Kelly Hu, this is the best movie ever.
½ September 3, 2014
The Rotten Tomatoes consensus says it all, so no need to explain in full detail about my hatred of this film. The funny (and probably ironic) thing is that the film adaptation of 21 Jump Street did a better job portraying a rowdy, comedic take on the show's premise seven years.