—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Undiscovered Reviews

Emily A

July 15, 2007
I didn't expect much going in, but this movie was not too bad. It just didn't work as a comedy, and I know exactly why: the music. The soulful, easy listening rock was so wildly inappropriate and just killed the funny. There were some really good comedic performances, most notably from Strait and Pardue, that would have been hilarious under better music. They should have gotten the dude who did Arrested Development's music to score this. Once I realized the defect, I actually liked this movie. It really did get good near the end. The Ashlee Simpson factor kind of sabotaged this, but it's not unsalvageable. This flick is really not too bad.
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 15, 2010
I liked the songs and I especially liked the scene with the bulldog skateboarding, hehe. This was an ok movie about 2 aspiring artist trying to make it in the entertainment industry.
Yinalí R

November 17, 2007
I loved this movie!!!!
Laurence C

April 27, 2008
Tacky and criminally uninspired, Undiscovered tries to sing about authenticity and the will to ''keep on keepin' on'', but reveals itself to be completely manufactured. Every plot device can be seen coming from a mile away, and the dialogue's 'spiky' touches feels dreadfully superficial, particularly when it's spat out by model-looking actors that give their strict minimum at the service of stereotypical roles. If you think real life is like this, well, lap it up, but if you like your films with something called a personality, avoid this at all costs.

But Ashlee Simpson, while I would never call her an 'actress', is not bad. Seriously.
April 12, 2012
Just watched this movie...It was...words can't accurately describe how awesome this movie and I'd want to summarize how good it was but I wouldn't be able to without spoiling the entire movie, that's how good it was.
msmbrules
March 21, 2009
This is AMAZING. Steve Strait is incredibly hot in this (except his hair was a bit crazy with the curlyness) and the songs were amazing.
March 16, 2008
Unoriginal plot which dragged its way to a predictable ending. So what? I still enjoy seeing just couple cuties with good songs and a stupid love story.
Jennifer2009
August 20, 2007
I love this movie Steven Strait was the only reason why I watched it lol! I love it!! Steven can sing too!
monkeystein
June 29, 2007
Steven Strait made this movie, plus highlighted his singing ability. This movie caused me to fall hard for him! And you have to love the famous skateboarding bulldog!
June 2, 2007
not many people liked it, but i thought it was a great story..ashlee wasnt a bad actress i thought...i know i know SHOCKING! lol
June 2, 2007
This overall was a pretty good movie I would say. It's often slow at times but it turns out to be good. Steven Strait is not only smoking hot, but he is so talented and has an amazing voice. (Yes that is really him singing). The only thing that I don't like is how cynical his character can be at times. He's oblivious to the things around him and seems to be pushed around by everyone around him which forces him to be pushed into the "rockstar" world. He does 7 of the songs on the soundtrack and has amazing talent that doesn't go to waste. He makes the movie worth watching!!
TinaMalfoy
May 20, 2007
I want to see this...though I have a feeling that I have all ready....But I want to see it cause the actors in the movie are just sexy and I would love to strip them naked...at least the men I would...lol
DownBoy
May 3, 2007
I thught that was a great film, it just wasnt well markleted. I would have to say that this was one of the better films that came out in 2006, i truely think that it bombed because of Ashlee simpson snl drama.
icevampire2003
April 15, 2007
An okay movie. The plot is new, but is ruined by several mediocre actors. Steven Strait, great as usual even if his singing voice is only so-so. Ashlee Simpson pops up for star-power, obviously, because her acting is wooden and unnatural. I can't remember the blonde lead's name, just as well, because she wasn't memorable at all.

A couple characters are definitely scene stealers, such as Kip Pardue and Fisher Stevens. Together, those two make the movie slightly better than it should have been.

PS WTH is Shannyn Sossaman still getting roles?
vandybabe1
March 19, 2007
UNDISCOVERED WAS GREAT. I LOVE-LOVE STORY TYPE MOVIES...AND YEAH IT MADE ME CRY-HEHE-BUT IT WAS GREAT. & I LIKED IT TOO CUZ ASHLEE SIMPSON IS IT!
February 8, 2007
This movie was so bad. There was nothing good about this movie. It was really dull. I wouldn't wish anybody to seet this movie.
utopiandream1013
September 29, 2006
This movie and it's music are pretty underrated. I enjoyed it and thought that it was really worth the money I spent. I'll definitely be watching this again.
September 16, 2011
it has ashlee simpson acting
September 5, 2011
I'll NEVER forgive Ashleee Simpson for lipsynching in her concert!