Uninhabited

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Uninhabited Reviews

October 29, 2012
For a low-budget film, this actually isn't bad. It's slow moving and there isn't a whole lot of visual excitement, but there's a good level of suspense and a pretty solid plot. Probably not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.
September 11, 2012
Beautifully film, Uninhabited is a decent thriller concerning a young couple who travel to a deserted island for some serious alone time only to discover that the island may either be haunted or that someone may be stalking them. While I didn't think the film ultimately came together, it was still a well-made, admirable endeavor that just never fully decided what kind of creepy it wanted to go for.
J M.
April 15, 2014
"The summary was told half way into the movie..."

The theme of this movie relatively simple; Harry & Beth book a 10 day trip to one of Australia's 600 or more uninhabited islands along their great barrier reef. The island holds an evil spirit that will haunt them. The spirit is a tribal woman that died on the island hundreds of years prior. Best thing for Harry & Beth: get off the island, as fast, as they can, but the evil spirit, will not let, that happen. She has an anger of men that she plans on taking out on any man that comes to the island.

The payoff of the climax was expected once the summary was told half way into the movie & it was not that surprising; for the last 35 minutes of this movie I was getting bored; ready for the movie to end.

~

A B-class movie that I give a D + (Deficient)
March 15, 2014
I don't get the low ratings. Great plot that manages to surprise all through the movie. Great photography and interesting inversion of roles, where the male character is the one in danger. Worth seeing creative horror movie.
February 27, 2014

~

A B-class movie that I give a D + (Deficient)
February 27, 2014
Cliche and really foolish. What tries to be original, actually does a good job. But it fails with everything else. Acting, dialogue, scares, suspense, building story and god awful music and sound.
KevinRobbins
February 24, 2014
In a couple days you won't need coffee.

A young couple head to an uninhabited island off the coast of Australia for a private ten day vacation. The female is a marine biologist and she teaches her boyfriend how to survive in the outdoors; however, shortly after they arrive on the island they see footprints and their items have been tampered with. As they dig around the island, they discover an old book and a legend of a woman who used to live on the island. How does the footprints and legend tie together?

"Why would we want to leave early?"

Bill Bennett, director of Shipwrecked, Jilted, Malpractice, A Street to Die, Backlash, Tempted, Kiss or Kill, In a Savage Land, and The Nugget, delivers Uninhabited. The storyline for this picture is actually interesting despite being slow and uneventful. The action is scarce and just okay and the acting is above average. The cast includes Geraldine Hakewill, Henry James, Bob Baines, Bill Milionis, and Tasia Zalar.

"She will kill you. You're next."

This is another picture I watched off Netflix as a horror movie that would not be online after this week. This movie definitely kept my attention and had me interesting in what was going to happen next, but it was very average and just okay. Overall, I would say this movie isn't a complete waste of time but also isn't a movie I would go too far out of my way to see.

"It's one of the deadliest creatures in the world."

Grade: C
February 18, 2014
Completely predictable from the outset. Poor plot and little story a complete waste of your precious life time
February 12, 2014
Almost entertaining, and that's about it.
December 5, 2013
Bill Bennett's holiday horror tells the story of a young couple Beth (Geraldine Hakewill) and Harry (Henry James) who are taken to an isolated island near the Great Barrier Reef for 10 days of quality time together, including a spot of fishing, relaxation, exploring and a spot of romance. The couple are not on the island long when a series of strange events begin to befall them and they soon realise that they are not alone!

After a steady start, the couple are victims of what they believe are children playing pranks. Wandering into the forest on the island they find a cabin with an archaic diary and outside a grave marked with the name Coral. Despite their search, Beth and Harry cannot find the children they suspect they can hear laughing. They do have an encounter with two fishermen who don't speak English and this only serves to unnerve them even further. When their phone goes missing and Beth is unable to bring a premature end to the holiday, the couple are faced with having to survive the next 10 days but who is really threatening them? Is it the two fishermen? Or is there something even more sinister on the island?

This film has been severely criticised by many people and I have to say it's pretty unjustified. Acting wise this isn't great. Hakewill is okay but James was out of his depth and didn't remotely convince whether he was being a loving boyfriend or acting all macho when taking on the fishermen. The island's history eventually comes to the fore and although it's not the most original storyline it's also not a bad one. The film certainly kept me guessing until the end and the conclusion was quite a surprise to be honest. Overall the film is certainly a very watchable horror with some lush scenery off the coast of Australia and at least one genuinely cringe worthy moment.

Uninhabited certainly won't astonish but by the same token it isn't worthy of the poor reviews it has received. While one of the leads delivers a less convincing performance than the island's trees do, there is enough here to maintain the interest, a reasonable back story and for me a quite surprising ending to the proceedings as well. Not great but certainly not bad either.
October 28, 2013
Don't have a good storyline or neither an interesting plot. All it have is that a couple arrives at a lone deserted island for vacations and a ghost haunts them. The reason for ghost's revenge is another dumb story. Doesn't make any sense and not worth it.
Little Dedo
October 28, 2013
A very forgettable film with a rehashed storyline and dumb ending.
July 2, 2013
An attractive couple go on a romantic getaway on a beautiful island, which they have all to themselves. Lucky them. Oh, and the island might be haunted or something. Uninhabited is a slow-paced movie, lacking in any tension or scares. Lots of shots of someone slowly turning around to look at what's behind them. Yawn.
Carlton M Raines
January 9, 2013
Starts off slow, is totally bonkers, but apparently based on a true story,At times it does not make sense, and it could have done with more explaining, but it was very enjoyable
December 19, 2012
Great love story that turns into a horror flick.
December 17, 2012
Really enjoyed this - good creepy film if you like tension. Beautifully shot.
September 8, 2012
Bland, scareless and forgettable.
October 1, 2012
Spooky,.. unexpectedly spooky!
Kurt H.
September 28, 2012
I decent movie at best. I passed the time anyway. At least the 1hr27min was not dragged into a movie that would have overstayed its welcome.
September 22, 2012
Beautiful island! Some scary bits, a little blood. 2.5 stars
Kind of like Blair Witch meets Blue Lagoon...