United

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

United Reviews

Daniel P

June 1, 2013
A seemingly faithful dramatization of true events with high production values, but rather dull, in all.
Anthony L

March 6, 2012
An in-depth insight into the tragedy of the Busby Babes. The reconstruction scenes are very well done, tasteful and informative. I'd heard of the air crash but I didn't know the details, this is certainly a more informative film rather than a film for the morbidly fascinated. Some of the interviews are heartbreaking but all very respectful and out of high regard - this isn't just a film for football or Man united fans.
October 2, 2012
I was happy to have this introduction to the tragedy. Now whenever it is commemorated I have something come to mind. It was not a first class effort, but admirable and enjoyable with what they had to work with.
Hamee
July 28, 2012
This was a beautiful presentation of a tragic event. It was brilliantly presented and a truly moving story.
June 19, 2012
great underrated movie.. acting was superb, storyline was interesting, based on real life events, and it had atmospheric realistic sets.. worth watching!
August 3, 2014
A beautiful movie! The camaraderie amongst the players is so beautiful. I'm not a fan of any sport, so to say this moved me to tears says something, And David Tennant, as the coach, is amazing, playing a much older man, not to mention Dougray Scott, also playing older; wonderful. I can't recommend this film highly enough!
October 24, 2013
The cast is great, however its hit or miss with their acting. It does however greatly portray the facts of what happened without showing that much actual soccer
August 20, 2013
A very touching story about the tragic loss of all but four of the Manchester United football team in a plane crash. David Tennant does a fine job, Dr. Who fans.
June 15, 2013
Awesome Movie... I m Red Devil For Live..
December 7, 2012
...deeply moving...as other have said ~ this is a film that is more of an informative film, and provides an insight into the one of the most emotional and tragic accidents that has occurred in British sporting history ~ it's a commendable effort, and even non football fans will be moved by the events that cursed Manchester United in February 1958. I felt the closing credits almost summed the message up best of all, showing how United, and those related closely to the club, and in the face of such adversity, went on the achieve some of the highest accolades that the game can offer. Well played all round. Edit
September 26, 2012
This movie has to be emotional for any Manchester United fan. Although the film itself is nothing spectacular, yet its simplicity really strokes the emotions within me for the team I've grown up supporting. A fitting tribute to the Busby Babes and the spirit of the greatest football club in the world. I cannot look at Sam Claflin's face again as it will bring up the pain of losing Duncan Edwards, possibly the greatest footballer the world have missed. The mood and style of the film is also simple, but still able to convey what is truly important and mesmerizing about the 58 Munich Air Crash. What the crew of United is able to achieve with such limited resources is truly amazing, would have been greater if the movie had more financial support as the story behind it certainly merits it.
September 1, 2012
?????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????
August 18, 2012
Well-acted and full of emotion yet still slightly flawed, 'United' provides for a respectable and touching telling of one of sport's saddest stories.
July 3, 2012
Just want to say that the adds on this website make rotten tomatoes just rotten, rethink the add situation, having three L'oreal films running on my screet at the same time is just annoying!
May 17, 2012
The film United is not just for Manchester United fans, or even just soccer fans - in fact, actual gameplay is the least featured part of the film. The story of this young soccer team will grip you from the very beginning, even though you are most likely already aware of the ending. While some of the scenes had a tendency to be a little drawn out at times, there was never a point at which I became bored. It had a wonderful mix of intensity, endearing characters that you couldn‚(TM)t help but feel like you had known forever, and even some humor thrown into to a tragic story. The main character, Bobby, was relatable and an easy character to grow attached to.

One of my favorite aspects of the movie was the camera work. While many may not usually pay attention to that part of a movie, I was continuously drawn to the way scenes were framed. It really added a unique feel to the movie! All in all, I would definitely recommend people watch this film if you‚(TM)re interested in an honest and true look into a disaster that, in the end, was really very inspiring.
May 17, 2012
With American awareness in soccer (or football as the rest of the world calls it) growing, some may want to know what the deal with some of the bigger teams are. Chelsea, Barcelona, Arsenal... It could be a bit of a headache for some newcomers. United is a narrative story about Manchester United, one of the more popular teams of today, and how a devastating plane crash in the 50s forced the team to pull itself back together. The primarily British casting may scare the Americans away, but have no fear, the movie has been made for any English speaking audience in mind.
The movie is a roller-coaster ride of emotions, from ambitious soccer player's Bobby steady gain in courage and self esteem to join the team, to Coach Jimmy's (played by Dr. Who's David Tennant) heartbreaking attempts at staying calm as he watches more than half of his team either die or learn they may never play again due to an injury. The movie is easy to relate to, with no actual soccer playing having any screen-time, even those with merely a passing interest in the sport may find themselves engaged. The film is not without its faults, the soccer team that Bobby grows up with is somewhat overwhelming, with many characters and not enough time to truly get to know them, and some may feel it ends abruptly without a satisfying ending. Regardless, United achieves a human element that is absent in most films, and that alone makes it worth the watch.
September 1, 2011
The apparent depth to this film is nothing more than too long a bereavement sequence (almost audio standstill). Just informative of that doomed winter Munich flight that's all.
August 22, 2011
Me being a hater of football, was gripped into the uprising and fall of the young team, I think it is a shame that no critic has once viewed a movie of such a nature and i believe they have missed a diamond amongst waste
August 18, 2011
STANDS FOR EVERYTHING WHAT THE THE CLUB IS!

GGMU