Untamed Heart Reviews

September 6, 2010
I loved Slater in this movie, and the whole love story is pretty good for the most part, but then it changes all of a sudden, with the revelation of the whole baboon's heart thing, and it gets weird. I half liked this movie, and half hated it.
½ April 13, 2008
"I am going to fall in love with you. You don't have to love me back. I am going to give you my heart."

I saw this again after a long time. I remember the film to be a sweet film with a lot of heart. Marisa Tomei has always been a favourite of mine, in my opinion she is one of the most beautiful and talented women ever. There's just something about her that makes me wanna see her films. I don't know if it's her dark eyes, her beautiful smile or her voice... So anywho...What was I talking about?

'Untamed Heart' tells the story of a young woman who just can't find love. She falls easily in love with men but fails to keep it together. She works at a diner were a shy young man, whom she would never even laid an eye on, rescues her from two rapists. She will find out that two people, completely different, can be perfect together...

I just can't help it but I love this film. Marisa Tomei is just amazing in her role and I'm not being biased here. If you compare her roles that she's made, it's clear that she tends to study her characters thoroughly. I'm sure that she is one of the most versatile actresses of her generation.

Christian Slater, whom I've never liked that much, was at the peak of his career while making 'Untamed Heart'. He had starred in 'Young Guns 2', 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves', 'Heathers' etc and continued to star in big movies after this one. But only for a while... But his performance in this movie is so emotionally appealing that I'll admit that I needed tissues. And I'm not saying that I was wiping my nose...

'Untamed Heart' is simply lovable. The story is kinda silly but it works because this film has more heart than most of the other genre movies. But like the other similar movies, 'Untamed Heart' is very surypy and it needs the viewer to have an open mind for the romance to completely work. The chemistry between the two leads works wonderfully and the dialogue that they have is one of the best parts in the movie.

'Untamed Heart' comes highly recommended to those who want to see an emotional film that does not end in a predictable way. And as a bonus, you get to see glimpses of a real hockey game featuring the late Minnesota North Stars (Dallas Stars as of today) and the Detroit Red Wings. Love and NHL hockey... That's all we need.

"I wasn't finished.
- Finish."
BEACHBUNNI
April 3, 2010
UNTAMED HEART is a film that has two strong and compelling performances by the lead actors and is a film that makes you realize the joy of the human existence and especially the rapture of love.
September 29, 2009
As soft as a bag of feathers but one of the more universal chick flicks.
November 9, 2006
Beautiful.
sainttom93
December 6, 2008
One of the most touching movies I've ever seen -- Of course, it was filmed in my beloved Minneapolis and I was at one of the hockey games they filmed for the crowd in the beautiful, but demolished Metropolitan Stadium!
August 20, 2007
Love it! Love it!
thmtsang
July 15, 2007
Romantic movie about a guy who needs a heart transplant.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 23, 2007
pretty good flick
December 13, 2012
It seems to be middling review day. This is the teen romance with a bit of edge to it but not edgy enough to fully entertain anyone above the age of 18.
weelee18
October 4, 2007
All of Caroline's boyfriends seem to leave her or cheat on her. On her way home from work two men try to rape Caroline. An introverted man from her work, Adam, rescues her. Adam is an orphan and he is told that he's got a baboon's heart. Adam opens up to Caroline and together they make sense. Adam and Caroline are very happy together but the rapists try to get back at Adam.

Untamed Heart is an absolutely touching tearjerker romance. Marisa Tomei gives one of the most endearingly sweet performances. I think it is impossible to watch this movie and not fall in love with Christian Slater along with Tomei. There were moments of chemistry between the leads that really did spark.
bamadeb77
January 3, 2010
love this movie soo much....
½ July 20, 2008
Pretty good chick flick, that is a tear jerker, great performance from marisa tomei
iLeo
½ December 8, 2007
This is amongst one of my favorites. Love it still.
January 24, 2013
This film is beautiful, sad and touching all at once while the chemistry/acting of Slater & Tomei is brilliant and wonderful.
½ June 13, 2009
This is another good movie so ramanic hero strong yet shows weekness when it come to the girl. and but the love scene are off need to have a passionate in it.
½ February 13, 2009
I was telling my two teen aged daughters about this movie one day......then the next day while shopping at a thrift store I found the movie, bought it and now my girls have a new favorite movie.....
August 4, 2008
The cast is so great in this movie! I love the sad storyline and the innocence Adam holds and the way he looks when he experiences things that are new :D
May 26, 2008
I liked this one, the story was sweet and very low key, and I think Marisa Tomei was excellent in this I always wondered what happend to her career, its seems like she was there one day and gone the next, I recently saw her in Wild Hogs and she was charming as ever
December 20, 2007
Best love movie ever. Its very romantic and very heart filling. I really dont think Rosie Parez deserved to be in this movie, but Christian Slater and Marisa Tomei were wonderful. If you don't cry at the end of this film then you need a heart transplant!