• PG-13, 2 hr. 4 min.

Up Close & Personal Reviews

movieguru12
movieguru12

July 8, 2011
Pfeiffer stars as Tally aka Sally who is a young and naive journalist who desperately wants to become a news anchor & enlists the help of a news director, Warren Justice (Robert Redford), to help Tally accomplish her dreams. With a beautiful and tragic story of true love and Celine Dion's Because You Love Me, this movie is simply wonderful and incredibly touching and holds a special place in my heart.
deano
deano

April 29, 2007
Old-fashioned Hollywood movies are hard to come by these days, and that is what makes this big-screen love story such a treasure. Writer Joan Didion and John Gregory Dunne, who based the screenplay on Alanna Nash's biography of ill-fated TV newswoman have gone with a largely fictional tale, and this works very much in the film's favour.
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
So sweet and romantic.
merlynsprankling
merlynsprankling

November 17, 2007
A classic and remarkable movie. Robert's portrayal of a dedicated journalist has been an encouragement to others in similar situations. Yes, I don't fear for my career.
Erin C

October 1, 2013
A little long. The ending was very sad.
jimbotender
jimbotender

September 23, 2008
Here's another stereotype of the American (U.S. that is) pile of rubbish on a daily basis. I mean, compared to this, One Fine Day looks like a masterpiece! Anyway, dull process of events, I don't really care how true this topic is, when you're dealing with "huge" Hollywood actors, you expect decent performances, not a Way We Were romance mr Redford, made by such a talentless director like mr Avnet is...
Sunil J

May 28, 2008
A sweet romance in the news reporter world.
iLeo
iLeo

December 26, 2007
A personal favorite. Love Celine Dion's "Because You Love Me".
December 4, 2011
rojohot1
October 12, 2008
I love this movie it is one of my all time favorites. It starts out with a desperate reporter trying to make it in the biz, then a handsome man who knows the ropes, helps her accomplish her goals and makes her #1 in the newtwork. Must see it to follow the love story .
Ida K

January 10, 2007
I didn't think I would like this from the movie trailors but it ended up being a rather interesting film about journalism.
rayettam65
June 13, 2007
Beautifully written, a somber reality of life, yet tender at the core. Sad but memorable, it touched my heart.
March 23, 2007
As a journalist, this is my kind of movie!!! It's one of the best bittersweert love story's out there and Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" makes me cry everytime.
laurachristian
March 13, 2007
Not a big fan of Robert Redford, but by the end of this film... I think it was truly sold to me when I first heard the lyrics to Celine Dion's "Because you loved me." It's a great tear-jerker.
JilleE313
February 6, 2007
Maybe it's because I was a broadcasting major, but I doubt it. I love this movie. I can watch it anytime!
boopster5
February 6, 2007
this is one of those movies you love and then hate atthe end.. great acting on Michelle;s part. tho
aknights2003
February 1, 2007
Normally, I'm not big on romance stories but Robert and Michelle both give unforgettable performances with an ending that tugs at your tear ducts, I don't care how much of a manly-man you think you are. A great date film.
FernandoTIm
January 9, 2007
"For all those times you stood by me..."

Além da gritaria de Celine Dion (as calcinhas ficam molhadas só com os primeiros acordes, hjeeheheheeh) o filme funciona bem. òtima pedida para um domingo à tarde, com companhia, vinho, queijo, frio e cobertor.
richardcardellioni
October 15, 2006
Michelle Pfeiffer shines in this love story about a seasoned tv journalist who takes an inexpierenced and totally hot newby under his wing and shows her the ropes. Redford and Pfeiffer had great chemestry, but in the end it's a chick flick.