67% The Equalizer Sep 26

—— Sleepy Hollow: Season 2
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Valdez Is Coming Reviews

jordanhyde
I know. I know. But I love it. Revenge. Elmore Leonard story. Burt Lancaster shooting the hell out of things. What more can one ask for?
April 11, 2014
One of the great forgotten westerns with an ending that other films can only dream of getting away with. Perhaps,and arguably, the best Burt Lancaster film.
KevinRobbins
May 19, 2011
He's only trying to help a poor widow that lost her husband

Bob Valdez is a town sheriff that has been sent to the house of a man accused of murder. Shortly after arriving with a group of men to help him in his effort, the man is shot dead. Valdez quickly identifies the man as innocent and returns to the accuser's house to obtain money to help the widow of the wrongfully killed. The man refuses to help the widow. Valdez will stop at nothing to obtain the money the widow is rightfully owed.

"I hope he puts a round in you, you rotten son of a pig."

Edwin Sherin, director of My Old Man's Place, delivers Valdez is coming in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is fascinating and unique to the genre. The script is marvelous and the subplots are well delivered. The action scenes are just okay and the cinematography is mediocre. The cast delivers solid performances and includes Burt Lancaster, Susan Clark, Frank Silvera, and Jon Cypher.

"I didn't like you trying to hit me with that scatter gun."

Valdez is Coming is a movie I came across while flicking through the channels on Encore Western. The premise for this movie was very interesting. I loved the main character and his commitment to his mission. I wish the movie was delivered in a more consistent manner. Overall, this movie is definitely worth your time if you're a fan of westerns.

"You are a bitch."

Grade: C+
Zack B.
August 15, 2010
It's an average western in almost everyway. Yet this film can be very powerful. Great scenes of Lancaster walking with the cross on his back and gunning down his chasers. Good revenge western that correctly deals with respect and doing what's right.
EricPLowe
November 19, 2008
This is a well done movie. It is a good western, with a one stands against many motif.