91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Velveteen Rabbit Reviews

Red L

May 22, 2012
When I saw this movie, it had been years since I glanced at the kid's book the Velveteen Rabbit, and compared to my great memory of the book, I found the movie a little disappointing. But the movie is cute - and for the kids everyone lives happily everafter.
thmtsang
thmtsang

March 17, 2012
Cute movie with animated characters. Toby is sent by his dad to stay with his strict grandmother. He finds friends in the magic attic when toy come to life in his imagination.
Dannielle A

November 2, 2007
This movie I think had the absolute WORST line in movie history: "Greater love hath no toy than he than laid down his life for a child." I feel so bad for Tom Skerritt who had to say this line with a straight face. I cracked up hysterically and had to pause the movie to get my giggles out.

Despite being SO CORNY at times, this movie was actually quite touching and well-done.
John2223
John2223

June 16, 2010
Nice story for kids and family.
Sunil J

September 1, 2007
Used to watch this a lot as a kid and Meryl Streep does an amazing narration.
January 3, 2011
It could have been better, but it was a very cute movie. I like how it show that when we get older we forget about having fun.
jenevieve1975
August 17, 2007
Awww . . . it's my favorite childhood story come to the big screen! All of the children will love this touching story!
October 15, 2011
This movie does have some touching moments, good animation, and a pretty nice lesson. However, speaking as someone who grew up with this story, this version doesn't feel right to me. I don't know why. Something just doesn't feel right to me. I won't say it's a BAD movie, but, for me, it's probably not worth a second watch.
garfield2710
July 29, 2010
It may be cute, but it's simply just stuff and fluff.
ArizonaSue
March 26, 2011
Darling story, tho a bit sad. The costumes and sets were great history lesson visuals. The grandkids and I loved it, they requested to see it again. Great job to all in it!
Javier A.
October 10, 2010
Decent family film, based on a classic children's book. The film had to many flaws, but the story is charming and delivers an excellent message.

The acting was weak, the acting resembled an after school special, over acted and without emotion.

The animation was decent, but nothing more than that. It seemed as if they were trying to use computer generated animation for the background, but it just stands out like a sore thumb and is very poorly animated.

Fortunately, the movie's story is priceless and captivating. It sends children's imaginations into a frenzy. Recommended for the younger ones and parents of those young tikes.
September 20, 2010
we'll use this in our thesis as instrument