Venus Beauty Institute - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Venus Beauty Institute Reviews

November 7, 2006
Rather boring but okay enough to get through.
puffchunk
½ January 23, 2008
Very very slow and boring. About a slutty old chick who works in a beauty salon, and Audrey Tautou has sex with an old fat guy on a pool table.
FanGirl
August 17, 2007
How this film won any awards is beyond me. It's just a normal romantic comedy, but Samuel LeBihan sure is sexy.
½ March 19, 2009
Enjoyable film! Loved Sam Le Bihan! The scenes at the spa were really good. I laughed at that exhibitionist who kept walking around naked.
October 14, 2007
This movie depicts the constant need that women have to stay not only young and beautiful but to stay in love. Watching this film made me remember why I 'heart' French movies.
½ January 4, 2007
Not that great, with the exception of Samuel Le Bihan. He gets a makeover and is just his usual marvelous self.
May 31, 2015
It's all a bit silly and surprisingly dated, but it offers some fun as well as some insight into a sad woman. Nathalie Baye is really the main reason to watch this film. She plays a woman entering her 40's who has taken on a very grim view of romance. She has meaningless flings, but she views love as a negative. For her character, love can only bring pain. She actually equates the concept of love as a form of slavery. But when an opportunity of real connection comes to her in an unexpected way she is forced to re-think her ideas and expectations regarding love. The really odd thing is this is an ensemble piece, but I was only interested in Baye's character. It bears mentioning that I remember this film so well. I've not seen it a long time. It has stayed with me.
November 25, 2013
Not very bad, just rather slow, lightweight french romantic comedy. Nice french set; story was quite sweet, yet not very clear or convincing. The thing is I watched this film like 10 years ago, and something about it stuck in my memory, so I wanted to rewatch again and.. really it's quite lightweight. It tackles age and love, but for me it lacked some depth. It should be ok for tired evening in a bed (it's not bad, because we also need films for such occasions).
½ January 28, 2006
[size=4][color=Yellow]So, I'll make this quick!!!!!!! Just thought I'd update my journal. It's been too long since my last post...well since the one before my last deleted one...but we won't get into that. Suffice it to say it's an ongoing issue in my life that I'd rather not share. Not here anyhow. So, yes. WHEE!! I have seem so many many movies lately. Where to start? I'll just go up and rate some. Have at the comments section....I do get bored.

The limited my ratings to five. What's UP WITH THAT???[/color][/size]
½ July 26, 2004
Not an Oscar-winner (as it's hyped), but an okay movie.
December 29, 2003
I luved this movie. I loved Audrey Tatou's acting and i still haven't seen Amelie. But was it meant to be funny?