Vibes Reviews

February 15, 2013
This was a cool movie, I really enjoyed it. The characters are quirky and fun, the story is exciting and romantic, it's just fun.
½ June 5, 2011
I can remember watching this years ago and thinking it sucks. Still pretty much does, only thing of interest is Cyndi Lauper and her 80's outfits and hair. Her character is kind of good as well - I liked the psychic angle, but Cyndi pretty much plays her quirky self.
Plot is lame action adventure with a bit of romance. Not really recommendable unless you like Cyndi, or like 80's movies, and even then...
½ October 16, 2010
fluff like cottoncandy, of interest only to fans of the actors. falk steals every scene he's in, goldblum breathes through his nose a lot as if he's about to say something important and lauper (the main reason for this) has a little fun. mandel and ganz, the writers, have moments of good comic misdirection, too.
January 1, 2008
Poor Cyndi Lauper.
December 21, 2007
Very funny!
May 9, 2013
I never knew Cyndi was in other films. This one in particular reminded of Madonna in Who's That Girl the telepathic version. I thought this movie was fun, but not really my cup of tea.
January 31, 2013
Almost forget this existed! One would think a Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper team up would bring gold but it sucks.
February 1, 2012
Just a fun movie all around. I never expected a pairing between Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper, but they're really funny together.
September 3, 2010
Well that's a fine-how-de-do from the critics and the Motion Picture Rating Assoc. 1 or 1 1/2 *'s. I liked this movie not only because of all the great actors but because it was entertaining and hilarious! Good action, a great psychic theme driven adventure! The comedic Spiritual exploration culminates in a believable gift of tongues climax. How many good, mainstream movies have scenes of Tongues in them? I recommend this movie.
½ May 16, 2008
Cyndi Lauper and Jeff Goldblum are hired to find a energy source that will give anyone the ultimate psychic power. Though the movie is kind of hard to define as either a comedy or action film, there are a few scenes that will keep you interested. Mostly die hard fans of Cyndi Lauper will enjoy this more than others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 8, 2009
Perfect time capsule movie amazing... and is still great twenty years later... maybe that's because I never stopped watching it!
April 21, 2009
No real plot, subpar acting, but Cyndi Lauper, c'mon! A nice cheesy 80s era film with great dialogue and lovable characters.
October 26, 2008
one of my favorite 80's movies: starring Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper as psychics hired to find a man's lost son and instead end up in a hidden temple in a South American country that's giving off strong psychic energy of it's own. Very funny and nice love relationship develops between the two psychics. Just a fun movie to watch.
½ September 8, 2007
Fun and simple. Jeff Goldblum is an 80's fav for most. And Cyndi Lauper looked great..not to mention her great sense of style!
June 18, 2007
A little on the cheesy side but man is this movie funny with a capitol F. It's a pitty that the movies wont make it to DVD.
½ June 1, 2007
Cyndi Lauper is so funny in this movie! Of all the singers to turn to film, she was actually enjoyable. Eat your heart out Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears--you just don't have the talent!
½ May 29, 2007
A 'Guilty Pleasure' film for me! I just love this movie, it's funny, charming and I love the chemistry between Nick and Sylvia. Fun stuff here!
November 10, 2014
Just good harmless fun.
August 1, 2013
I love this film. It's a great fun flick! Yes it's campy, but that is part of it's appeal!
February 2, 2013
I hadn't thought it possible, but back in the day I was rather taken (aka obsessed) with Jeff Goldblum, and my bff and I went out of our way to try and watch as many of his movies that we could get our teenage hands on. I had to wait until I was an adult to finally see The Big Chill...and now I have a new (as in never seen) movie with a hunky young Goldblum. Nice! :)