Vivacious Lady Reviews

August 12, 2012
I have troubles rating old movies very highly. I guess it is a product of their times, but the stories are quite simplistic. All the fuss because the younger Morgan can't come out and tell his parents that he is married.
rubystevens
½ April 1, 2011
rarely seen screwball comedy and the only screen pairing of rogers and stewart who were dating at the time. after a whirlwind romance, botany professor stewart tries to introduce his new bride, nightclub singer rogers, to the stuffy academic crowd, especially his father, university president charles coburn. many fun scenes and great chemistry among the cast. u just can't go wrong with drunk jimmy stewart
December 9, 2011
Really liked this movie. Ginger Rogers keeps moving up as one of my favorite classic actresses, just so beautiful and sexy. And she's a great comedic actress, again in top form with Vivacious Lady. Stewart, another favorite of mine, does very good work as well. This movie should be seen more, I think it just falls short of the upper tier of Stewart and Rogers' careers, but it is still pretty great. For being a movie of its time, it's pretty funny that half of the movie is spent with them either talking or looking how and where they can get laid. It's what they can't say because of the times that makes it work so well, I think.
August 24, 2013
James Stewart and Ginger Rogers were "an item" when Vivacious Lady was filmed, and their obvious real-life affection for one another pours over onto the screen.
June 16, 2009
Wonderful romantic comedy with a great cast. Ginger Rogers and Jimmy Stewart make a great team. The supporting cast is outstanding, especially Beulah Bondi and Charles Coburn as Stewart's parents. Great pace, well written and directed.
March 6, 2007
Incredibly adorable. You could feel the love Jimmy and Ginger (well, at least their characters) had for each other. And yet another movie with drunk Jimmy, what more could you ask for?
August 24, 2013
Charming but kind of dated romantic comedy, with Jimmy Stewart as a spineless botany professor who tries to break his whirlwind marriage of a nightclub singer (Rogers) to his family. Apparently, the leads were an item when this film was made, and they do make convincing doe-eyes at one another. Rogers, too, is good in many of the comedy scenes. For me, Stewart's entire fumbling persona has always been grating, so I might've liked 'Vivacious Lady' a bit more if he wasn't in it.
August 19, 2012
"vivacious lady" is hilarious! james stewart and ginger rogers are hilarious together, as well as apart. while the story might be lacking a bit, it really makes up for it with it's humor.
October 3, 2011
Absolutely delightful, and often overlooked, screwball comedy that features Ginger Rogers most feminine, and ultimately fully realized, performance. She's the perfect dame opposite Jimmy Stewart's unusually dopey everyman shtick.
August 21, 2011
I LOVED this movie! So funny and sexy!
½ May 16, 2006