—— The Identical Sep 05

January 3, 2011
it doesn't follow the mastery the show had but it still very good
Lafe F

August 27, 2007
A superb cartoony Christmas-time opera with the puppy-children Animaniacs Wakko, Yakko and Dot. It's not too vulgar or offensive. The song lyrics are catchy and done wonderfully in classical music style. The full range of Animaniacs characters appear, but they are in a fantasy medieval kingdom setting. It's perfect viewing for the holidays. Definitely my brand of humour. I loved the scary Jerry ride, the sedate Ben Stein Fairy and the guard who was overwhelmed by Dot's cuteness. Hey Warner Brothers (and sister), where's the DVD of this?
Gavin the moviejunkie1994
August 24, 2010
I fell in love with the Animaniacs ever since I was a little boy. Their episodes were charming, witty, and hilarious with wonderful jokes and tremendous and likable characters.

After seeing that Warner Bros decided to make a film about the Animaniacs, I was thriled with excitement and Wakko's Wish left me wide-opened as I go with the positives. The animation is brilliant with colorful backgrounds and lovely character models. The voice acting is great with Rob Paulsen, Tress Macnellie, and more. The characters are witty and hilarious especially in the moments with Pinky and Brain along with a horse that Pinky loves.

There are two problems that I do have with this film. The story, while having touching moments, is rather predictable at times and the songs were mediocre.

Wakko's Wish isn't a classic, but a enjoyable children's film and a wonderful Christmas experience for kids young and old.

Rating: 8.2/10
firstamb
January 26, 2009
The Animaniacs star in their feature film debute, a weird mythical adventure where the Warner Brothers town merges with the Time town and there is a change of power, ending in the demise of the King Warner. His sons, Yakko, and Wackko, and Pinkey and Brain, take Dot to a magical land to heal her from a sickness. Some kind of wishing star is involved. An evil villain is out to get them. It could have been a cute idea in an almost Disney way, but it isn't. Mirroring the Warner and Time merger and making it sound like the land is all make believe is knid of weird. Thinly vieled references to this are everywhere. Not worth a rental.
January 27, 2008
sure the songs aren't overly memorable but the whole animaniacs cast is there and the humor is the typical irreverent humor that they do so well.
StageHansonLove
April 2, 2007
PINKY: But, Brain, how are we gonna get to the wishing star first? BRAIN: With the help of the great Leonardo Da Vinci, Pinky. PINKY: Oh. Is he going to give us a ride? BRAIN: No, Pinky, Da Vinci is dead. PINKY: Oh how sad! When is the funeral? BRAIN: He died a long time ago Pinky! PINKY: And i forgot to send flowers?? (beating himself on the head) Stupid, stupid, STUPID! BRAIN: Here, let me (grabs a giant pencil and hits him on the head) STUPID!
September 26, 2013
A Christmas Classic that has little to nothing to do with Christmas. Wakko's wish is wealthy in eye and ear candy for both young children and adults. Despite being a direct-to-video kids movie, you can certainly tell a lot of effort was put into this film. The movie looks amazing, the animation is even superior to the already fantastic looking Animaniacs cartoon show. The musical numbers are beautiful and well executed. The movie even manages to be somewhat touching without being over the top or sappy. This is a must-see for parents and kids-at-heart everywhere.
Jessica B.
March 24, 2013
The first thing I notice is the opening credits. They are actually naming the cartoon characters in the movie (Slappy Squirel, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, etc.) like they are real people. I have to say I love that, it's just a little respectable touch that the animators put in just to add to the magic that is the Warner Brothers and the Warner Sister. It shows a lot of respect to their characters and truly sets the tone for this thing. I can't help but like this movie. It's true that if it was released in theaters today it wouldn't do well. But I don't care. It's a good story, it's got good characters that I know and love, it's got good jokes, and a really good villain. Narrated by Ben Stein of all people, isn't that a joke in itself? It just warms my heart each time I watch it; I can really see the love and care people put into this. It's also the only time I ever really got to see the softer side of the Warner siblings. Some of the scenes with Yakko and Dot (like when he's telling her the story) just make me smile. I even love the songs (as simple as they may be). The moral is simple as well, but now that I think about it, I don't hear it often enough these days. All I hear is doom and gloom anymore. Even in kids shows the morals have kind of disappeared for the sake of bad slapstick and gross out humor, so this is a nice alternative for kids. It's nice to be told to cheer up once in a while, and the Animaniacs humor is just the type of pick me up I needed today.
April 5, 2013
Following it's cancellation by scumbag Jamie Kellner, "Animaniacs" released it's only feature film, "Wakko's Wish". Every family will enjoy this film as much as they enjoyed the show; I know I most certainly did. Now it may be a bit (just a tiny bit) dark on subject matter, but it is nevertheless an enjoyable film with great music, zany/dramatic moments, & the funny characters from the series making their return as one last hurrah. The Animaniacs may be gone, but they'll never be forgotten.
December 24, 2012
The final Animaniacs animation, and it goes out with a bang.
September 19, 2012
The perfect way to put an exclamation point on the Anamaniacs saga.
June 7, 2012
Excuse me while I try to quench my nostalgia hysteria.
April 12, 2012
A decent film, though it isn't really as good as the actual Animaniacs show. It starts to feel more like Animaniacs near the end, which is a lot of fun.
Gavin the moviejunkie1994
August 24, 2010

Rating: 8.2/10
July 11, 2011
I love Animaniacs and this movie
Scotty P.
April 22, 2011
It's definitely not perfect, or as good as the show, but it's satisfying.

January 3, 2011
it doesn't follow the mastery the show had but it still very good
Yarnick v.
December 25, 2010
I love this movie and i love the show.
December 20, 2010
For a straight to video movie, it's a great movie, I grew up with these characters and this movie, even though it's not centered around the holidays, it just gets me in that kind of spirit for the holidays, if you haven't seen it I would definetly recommnend it, you laugh a lot in it, and the songs are just amazing.
November 3, 2010
Really good movie, just not good enough to be anything more than a direct to video. For what it's worth, deffonitely not dissappointing.