Movies Like A Walk on the Moon

A Walk on the Moon Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

April 4, 2007
an unexpected gem with a typically outstanding performance from Diane Lane.
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

January 30, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "A Walk on the Moon", it is 1969 and Pearl(Diane Lane) and Marty Kantrowitz(Liev Schrieber), their children, Allison(Anna Paquin) and Daniel(Bobby Boniello), and Marty's mother(Tovah Feldshuh), are vacationing in the Catskills where they spend every summer. Marty who works as a television repairman tries to make it up there every weekend from New York City but cannot one time due to overwhelming demand at his shop in the days leading up to the moon landing. Left to her own devices, Pearl seeks the company of Walker(Viggo Mortensen), the handsome new blouse man...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"A Walk on the Moon" is a facile and one-sided take on such overly familiar themes as infidelity and thwarted dreams that wastes a very fine cast in the bargain. The only reason for setting the movie in 1969 is as a reaction against the personal and political liberation of the time. On the one hand, it dives head first into the cliches of the time(Woodstock but it does get points for mentioning the Mets) but also thankfully points out that not everybody back then were hippies.(My parents certainly were not, even if I am.)[/font]

January 12, 2012
This movie is about a woman who has second thoughts about her married life when she meets a handsome t-shirt salesman. A Walk on the Moon is a great movie which touches a lot of morality subjects that are super relevant to our society today. Today there are too many adult people acting like teenagers and letting themselves get sucked in to the vortex of the irresponsible and untied life. A part of maturing is realizing that you can't do whatever you want whenever you feel like it, you have to consider the people around you when you're making important decisions and you must not be reckless. I think this movie teaches some great lessons about immaturity and loyalty. It teaches about responsibilities and what happens if you abuse the responsibility you have. I love Liev Schreiber and Viggo Mortensen, and they're really bringing the best to this movie.
September 16, 2009
I had never heard about this movie, it was sitting at home and this afternoon I decided to pop it in the DVD and watch it.
I was amazed at the fact that I ended up loving the movie. Besides the fact that I am a die-hard fan of Janis and lover of the late 60s - early 70s, this movie was like a delicious dessert. I enjoyed it, smiled, got mad, everything while watching it. Definitely worth the time!
May 10, 2007
One of my favorite movies about a woman rediscovering herself. Viggo Mortensen is hot as the hippie who leads Diane Lane on her journey.
prettypersuasion
September 21, 2007
i love this movie. totally romantic and all free-spirited. very relatable with real issues that we all go through
May 22, 2007
This is a really good movie. You can feel the characters inner struggles and the plot just pulls you in. Anna Paquin is really good as the teenage daughter who sneaks out of the house to see Woodstock only to make a shocking discovery.
FilmChic3175
April 30, 2007
I love this movie because it is about a woman who found herself in a life she fell into. She meets a man who reminds her of of who she wanted to be...of feelings she forgot she had. Watch this film with an open mind and an open heart.
summergirl712
March 31, 2007
I truly love this movie! It's a beautiful story about love. And it's set in 1969 aroung the time of Woodstock. Oh, and Ah, Viggo!
chessanid
March 8, 2007
My man Viggo is so hot in this movie.. great actor. I also like Diane Lane. Great sex scenes too.. Ha!
hhhlover00
January 31, 2007
Very good. I love Viggo and and this was Diane Lane practicing to be Unfaithful to Richard Gere later.
nanoqna
January 4, 2007
this movie is sooo romantic. and viggo mortensen is so hot! and the music works so good. i can relate to it even though im not a lot like the people in teh story. the movie was really relaistic though! i made my mom buy me this movie.
January 4, 2014
See this film. Leaves you feeling really good. GREAT MUSIC!
Mike
December 10, 2012
i thought it was a romantic movie but should have known with that 'Diane Lane' in the movie its not the case.
November 3, 2012
Not much of a feel good, but still a good movie. Very interesting to see a younger Diane Lane in a movie better than her Nights in Rodanthe!
Thomas Z.
August 31, 2012
A predictable, flawed, cheesy film. Although it's beautifully acted, at times emotionally affecting and quite powerful.

January 12, 2012