WALL-E

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

WALL-E Reviews

Christopher H

June 13, 2011
Forget great Pixar film, this is just a great science-fiction film period. The title character and Eve make for a cute duo. Kids will enjoy the charmingly funny antics while adults will be taken in by the film's surprisingly dark and biting social commentary (obesity, commercialism, environmentalism). Every scene from the desolate Earth to the vastness of space bursts with some of the most beautiful animation committed to film. The robot characters are well-designed and manage to be endearing with very little dialogue. 'Wall-E' is a heartwarming love story combined with a great sci-fi tale and it remains a testament to why Pixar is one of the best things to ever happen to cinema.
Matthew Samuel M

March 22, 2013
Quite touching and entertaining, Wall-E is not the masterpiece some claim it to be, but it is another remarkable film from Pixar all the same.
UUd I

October 26, 2011
It's romantic, It's touching
even robot story can touch your heart.
Pixar always know how to tell a story with awesome character concept.
Joe M

August 7, 2012
Pixar manages to hit a grand slam yet again in what is one of the best animated movies of all time.
KJ P

January 14, 2010
"Wall-E" is not just your average loveable Pixar film, but it also has the brains and a realistic tone to go along with it. As a world is stripped of everything, a banned wasteland remains with a little robot to re-inhabit the earth. It shows what life could really be like in a thousand years from now, with a society that is corrupt on technology, becoming fat and run by computers, having no relation to the outside world. When opportunity presents itself, the story then becomes a mission to repopulate the earth. There are so many symbols for adults to notice and appreciate what their childhood was like, and so many symbols that this generation to snap out of and notice as well. "Wall-E" is not just an amazing pixar film, but story-wise, it's one of the best films of 2008!
Phil H

July 12, 2008
Beautiful is the first word that springs to mind here, the work on show here is truely stunning. Every single effect is perfect down to the last nut, the last bolt and the last glowing led. Everything looks fantastic, there is nothing thats looks bad, NOTHING. All he robot characters are excellent and well designed, Wall E is of course the best design. He's almost like a Rubik's cube cross Transformer the way he folds and packs himself away to sleep or when he's scared. The actual mechanics and precision tech design used is amazing, every inch fits perfectly into place.

The imagination and concepts on show are brilliant, all the robots are designed for their own purpose BUT they actually look like they could be made for real life purposes haha Pixar could really create these little guys for reality, or so it looks. The humans are well done, being fat and almost boneless due to being born and raised in space, the way they are looked after and helpless is a nice touch which is probably what would happen haha. The sound effects are really nice too, not far of what you would expect but good none the less.

A simple love story with a massive heart that just nips at the toes of 'ET' and 'Short Circuit' but we all knew that would be the case with this. Very sweet, adorable and emotional in places, Wall E is the best film I have seen since Rambo.
Pixar win again, the film its lovely but its the visuals that really stick, as usual. Warning, tissues needed :)
Alexander D

June 15, 2011
A sci-fi Disney/PIXAR animation with one of the most important messages a film can have.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

August 16, 2011
Call me heartless but this film is an absolute bore. It looks as great as any pixar movie, it starts brilliantly but its storyline can make people feel bad about themselves and films aren't made to do that. Also, without people or "robots" speaking, I just cant take the films message seriously. It wasn't bad but I don think it was that good either.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 19, 2009
The moment I saw this small guy he totally stole my attention. I really enjoyed this Movie so much
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 1, 2011
Wall-e is enjoyable, funny, and another reminder that Pixar is the master when it comes to animation and storytelling. The story is set thousands of years in the future and is about a robot named Wall-e who is perhaps one of the last inhabitant things on earth. He longs for a companion, and one day another robot is sent to earth for the "directive." We learn this new robot is named Eve, and the two become friends. When he shows her a plant he found, she takes it and goes into a long sleep.. When a rocket ship comes and gets her, Wall-e sneaks in board not ready to give up the robot he loves, and he is sent on a journey like no other. The plot not only tells a incredible story, I was able to understand what was going on even with much of the film having no dialogue and I was never bored and it gave me non-human characters I fell in love with almost instantly. The score of the film is one of Pixars best and it gave the movie the perfect feel to it. The animation is one of the greatest in the history of film, I mean they gave me an apocolyptic world, space, hundreds of robots, and a incredibly large space ship, making it one if the best looking animated films ever. Wall-e is not the typical animated film, its much more than that, its the tale of friendship, life, and bravery, and I loved it.
Scott G

October 27, 2011
just one of the animation greats, a secret society open to Woody, buzz lightyear and the gang and our favourite little robot, WALL-E,even this had me in stitches, something that... happens very often with funny films.
Sanjay R

May 26, 2011
A very enjoyable movie, funny and interesting. The only problem is it may lull you to sleep during some parts but nevertheless a humorous and visual adventure.
movieguru12
movieguru12

July 21, 2008
Incredibly CUTE! Love it (: (: (:
aSpaceCowboy
aSpaceCowboy

June 11, 2008
I am very impressed with this. Pixar hasn't had the great success in the past couple of years that that i know it could have had. Pixar has so much potential and I really think that this was a great way to revive its dying image. The hype for this was not wasted. I really enjoyed this and I highly recommend this film to anyone. What it offers should please any audience.
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Disney and Pixar deliver again!! Wall-E sir, keep rollin on dude.
sergioogarcia
sergioogarcia

July 8, 2011
This movie is art in movement. An example that a great story doesn't need a dialogue, it's just about imagination and creative minds. Fantasitic. The music! 10 out of 10.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 7, 2011
WALL-E is a remarkable film that is very well made. Pixar has never made a single bad film in their history and they always come up with the best ideas for films. WALL-E is a simple, but grand film. What is truly unique with this film is that there is barely any dialogue and it manages to be very engaging and entertaining. The special effects are as usual stunning and with every Pixar film, the story is excellent. Whats really remarkable with WALL-E is that the film barely uses any dialogue in telling its story. This film is brilliant and I love how Pixar was able to pull off something so simple, yet so good. The fact the film uses minimal dialogue and relies on two robotic main characters who make electronic sounds would be a challenge in making the film entertaining, but Pixar has that touch to make something uninteresting very appealing and fun. I had low expectations because of this, but once I saw how the film was done, and how everything else fell into place, I really enjoyed WALL-E.The film has some terrific computer animation, a charming story and atmosphere. The Pixar team have crafted a future classic with WALL-E. The film is perfect for the entire family. WALL-E is a remarkable film and is a fun and spectacular viewing experience. Another masterpiece from the dreamers at Pixar Studios.
garyX
garyX

July 5, 2008
The Earth has been abandoned by the human race and a lone robot is left behind to tend this interplanetary garbage dump. I'm fully aware that I'm not the intended audience for this kind of thing, and I'm sure kids love the character of Wall-E. But for me, he is easily the worst aspect of this film and brings nothing to the story but the usual weak slapstick and sappy sentimentality I've come to expect from cartoons. Not to mention the fact that whenever he's on the screen the dialogue is nothing but "Eva...?" Wall-E!" "EVA!" "WALL-E!!" etc etc ad nauseum. For this reason I very nearly didn't get past the first half an hour of this film as it contains nothing but. Once the story gets going however, it's quite an enjoyable little sci-fi fairytale involving a human race that has become a horde of bloated, shopping obsessed couch potatoes tended by an ever-present robotic bureaucracy, and the scenes in space are all pleasantly amusing. You certainly can't knock the animation and it has plenty of pretty images so as a whole it's all good, clean fun. Just as long as Wall-E isn't in it...
Drake T

May 17, 2011
Pixar manages to breathe a classic love story full of emotion into a sci fi epic about two little robots.

If there's anything to complain about it's that the first 15 minutes of tongueless storytelling was the best part of the film.
Conner R

April 12, 2011
Like I think most people who see it will agree, Wall-E is the most adorable robot to ever exist in motion picture history. Alone, this is worth a five star rating. However, the movie is such an incredibly complex and layered story that it's almost unbearable. This juggles social commentary, artificial intelligence, love, science fiction and so much more with little to no effort. I think it also happes to be without a doubt, the most mature feature that Pixar has released. I think the first twenty minutes of this movie is enough to classify it as a bonafide classic, but what it does beyond that point is even more worthy. This is extremely witty and socially aware without having to make corny jokes or pull at our emotions like a marionette. It's so well constructed and executed that it's almost impossible to not fall in love with this movie afterward.