43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

86% The Knick: Season 1

Walter and Henry Reviews

suetiggers
February 8, 2014
I'm sure that a hard core critic may see this film as too sentimentalized but I found the character development really solid and captivating. I think that each family member and Henry's music teacher all combined to pull together a really great story, one that for all but the most cynical hearts would warm. The combination of father/son conflict, generational ones, and how each personality affected the other, was, I think, done in a way that is powerful. The way that music was used to connect the personal/familial dots to engage us was very effective. The important issue of mental health and getting a look at how family disruption/clashes can effect that, along with societal dynamics helps us see the way these powerful forces contribute to growth or destruction. When change happens in a way that constructive connections coalesce, it is something exciting that won't allow the viewer to be a bystander. It pulls us in to the story. I strongly recommend it to parents, esp. fathers/sons/grandfathers and music lovers everywhere.
Mary S.
September 4, 2012
Charming little gem of a movie concerning family bonds and mental illness. Excellent performances from the entire cast. A simple, feel-good flick.
February 11, 2012
Heartwarming story of father and son... great overtones of street music played by father and son team. John Larroquette is fantastic in this one.