War Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Party Reviews

January 18, 2010
I finally found this online this morning and i tell ya... one of the hardest movies to find on the planet! If you ever get chance to have a look at this film i suggest to do so u wont regret it! Don't however look for over the top acting here but a very good st idea of oryline. The mayor and reservation leader decide in order to pull more tourists into the blackfeet reservation they come up with an idea to re-enact a battle between the U.s calvary and the Blackfeet indians starring any locals who want to participate. The tribal leader's son Sonny (Billy Wirth) and his best friend Skitty Harris ( Kevin Dillon) take part in the re-enactment and after one of the drunken men playing a u.s. cavalry uses live ammunition and kills one of the blackfeet youth sends Sonny and Skitty and their own formed War Party fleeing from the police, the army,and brings to surface hidden racial tensions that have been silently brewing through the years between the blackfeet people and the other townsfolks. A great little movie that shows the strong bonds of friendship and brotherhood yet showing how much racial tension unfortunatly still exists. If i ever find this on dvd or even vhs for that matter it will be a much welcome addition to the Kyle collection. A must see!
iLeo
½ March 17, 2008
Quite interesting.
October 22, 2012
Waaaaay underrated!! I didn't get my hopes up for this movie because it seems like whenever I do I end up being disappointed but it was pretty good so if you have a chance to watch it, I'd tell you to go for it.I didn't really get into it until after what happened at the re-enactment & I thought what kind of idiot brings an actual weapon to a battle re-enactment?!! After that I was hooked
½ November 20, 2014
July 17, 2014
I was surprised how much I liked this movie.....just a good action thriller with a bit of a Thelma and Louise ending all to my chagrin.
March 2, 2012
89%

"Same old shit, hasn't changed in one hundred years."-Sonny Crowkiller (Billy Wirth)

If I could curse the fucking white man in the Blackfeet's tounge, I would. That being said, it is a great action flick as well as unknown to most. If you like role playing events gone horribly wrong, check out the Canadain film THE WILD HUNT.
July 29, 2004
[b][i]Under Siege 2[/i][/b]: Hey, it didn't totally suck ass. mostly, but not totally.

[i][b][i]War Cry[/b][/i][/i]: was i a bit surprised? indeed. this flick kept my interest the whole way through...wish it would have ended a little different, but oh well.

btw, these were both laserdiscs i got when i bought out the local video store package. had to take 'em all, so i might as well watch 'em, eh? i have yet to sit through [i]The Land Before Time[/i] again though...