97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Warlock: The Armageddon Reviews

Phil H

April 30, 2013
He's back, in a messy bloody gory sequence where an innocent young girl gives birth to Satans son, the Warlock is reborn. Julian Sands rises once more to reap carnage on all that stand in his way, plus he still looks annoying good looking with that tarty hairdo.

Not too sure whether Sands Warlock is suppose to be a mere spawn of Satan in the same guise or the same devilish soul as before just reborn, I'm guessing the latter. Anywho off we go as Mr Warlock merrily kills, mutilates and destroys one person after another as he searches for the mystical rune stones that may raise his boss.

That's the plot right there, its easy and simple, but what this film offers is exactly what you want, more imaginative killing by the Warlock. We get that in spades this time round with the added bonus of much better production values, better effects, much more interesting deaths and heaps more blood n gore. That's it really, nothing more to say, its clear there is a better budget this time round, the cast are more recognisable too.

Whether you feel its better than the original I don't know, the original has more of a proper plot, this is obviously just a rehash with extra claret on display. To be honest this does feel more like a Satanic 'Terminator' really, 'T2' with a Warlock, not scene for scene of course but along those lines.

What I find interesting about this Warlock character is the fact he is completely evil, he can't be bargained with, he doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear...haaang on!. He shows no mercy ever, he double crosses, tricks, leads people into a false sense of security and no one is safe no matter how young or how sexy, no guilt, just kill, actually kinda creepy despite the ham.

More of a riot for sure but loses the credibility of the first methinks. Naturally cliched, predictable and routine type stuff but that low budget feel (even though higher than before) somehow tends to make things so much better, more acceptable.
WrenchLT
WrenchLT

January 12, 2011
Enjoyable fantasy horror about the son of Satan's attempt to resurrect his father in modern day America. It's not particularly frightening or scary and the digital effects look dated, but it's fast-paced, gruesome and Julian Sands owns as the Warlock once again.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 18, 2009
Warlocks with Julian Sands are the Best. I dont say Bruce Payne was bad, just not so convincing like Julian Sands.
deano
deano

December 18, 2006
Julian Sands as the Son of Satan returns for the final battle between good and evil is pretty cool. Even though there are many body counts, and I see some improvements in the special effects than the first one. The first Warlock was better dramatically, but this film is better violently.
Dr Blood

June 23, 2007
This more gratuitously violent sequel has been hacked about so much by the censors that it isn't really worth watching.
March 7, 2012
A fun tongue in cheek horror film that has very loose connections to the first one. Does the salt thing even come into play? Julian Sands is awesome and it's fun to see the kids use The Force...I mean their super Druid Powers, to fight the Warlock and his quest to bring Satan to Earth.
andrewluse
April 30, 2007
Chris Young (Great Outdoors, Toy Soldiers), plays an ordinary blond impulsive kid with a hidden destiny (remind you of anyone?), and he soon finds out when his father murders him, then brings him back to life to be a Druid Warrior. Chris also has to find a way to stop Julian Sands before he collects all the magic stones and opens the door to Hell. When Julian is born, put it on slow motion, you can see his dangly bits :D Also Chriss loses his clothing repeatedly, and he looks orgasmic when he's imapled with the stake.
lustyleeann
March 7, 2007
I liked the first better. But Julian Sands has a hot bod, you should see him in Husbands and Lovers, naked as the day he was born...nice ;-)
SaginTheWolf
February 1, 2007
Sequel to Warlock. Julian Sands is back and I'll always think of this and Arachnophobia when I see him in movies. This has the same dark and humorous feel of the first, but more defined. I really enjoy the story and the gruesome effects.
IkejustRules
August 14, 2006
I loved this movie when I was a kid. I partially blame my addiction to the awesome SNES video game tie-in, "Warlock: The Game." Anyway, it is true that this movie boasts more sophisticated visual effects, slicker production values, etc. What they forget to tell you is that it has absolutely nothing to do with the original( except for Sands' wonderfully dapper returning performance as the title character) and that it also boasts one of the most joyfully nonsensical screenplays ever written. It plays out like a comic book, and not a very good comic book either. Of course, the direction is very comic-booky, and generally for the better. I would say they even each other out, but the screenplay really reeks at times. Also the opening title sequence is annoying, as is most of the actors( except Sands' of course). Just turn your brain on 0 and enjoy the cheese, my friends. Makes a good double feature with the equally comic-booky/poorly written "Hellraiser 3," which is some fun velveeta if I've ever seen it.
November 14, 2012
This very silly sequel, is also quite entertaining. It may contain one of the funniest resurrections ever put on film. Only recommended for horror buffs!
February 14, 2012
Silly, 2 movies going on at the same time between a 'kid uncovering his secret superpowers' while evil son of satan kills everyone. Fun though, good ending.
Jeanie K.
October 23, 2009
Julian Sands is back for revenge as a Warlock and nobody is going to stop him this time.
Cheesy with some creative deaths...this is as good or better then the first.