Watchers

Watchers Reviews

jim222001us
jim222001us

September 13, 2008
The book is a good read and worth giving a try, even if you saw the movie and didn't like it. The movie hacks up a good book and makes the main character a teenager instead of a grown man. It also has a whole lot less character build up and characters to love. While Michael Ironside would have made a good Lem as well if they didn't turn the character into a complete psycho. Hell it's barely like the book. The dog is cute though and they at least got everything with him right. But I think they could make a better movie with the right cast and director. The book is a lot more engaging and smart, I strongly recommend it. The movie is a some-what entertaining B-Movie though. Plus the dog at least has some....aww moments.
Anthony V

June 16, 2008
How to ruin a great book.
iLeo
iLeo

December 6, 2007
Now, this was his second best film. "Silver Bullet" still reigns amongst his collection of movies.
February 12, 2012
Probably my favorite Dean Koontz story that isn't "The Oddkins", but this is also the last movie I would have wanted to see made in the 80s with one of the Coreys.
jscottcorley
July 10, 2011
Bad dialogue, ridiculous plot and a creature that looked so stupid they made sure not to show it until the end of the flick. If this is the best that Koontz can bring to the screen, I have been justified in never reading any of his novels.
March 21, 2010
Would've been interesting if they followed the book alittle more but it was okay. And they needed to show a longer shot of the monster.
JaredsBaby
April 15, 2008
Was a big Corey Haim fan back in the day....I thought his last good movie was the Lost Boys...this one had it's moments but not worth mentioning I like to watch it to remenince on the Corey days. It's about a dog that was part of some experiment and ends up with Corey Haim and they are running from a killer big foot type creature. For all Jason Preisly fans he is seen in this movie for a breif moment.
jolac9677
November 7, 2007
This was one of my favorite movies back in the early 90's. I was obsessed with Corey Haim. Compared to today's thrillers, it's not that good, but it's not a bad movie.
Ken D

April 24, 2007
Corey Haim didn't seem to fit the role. The tension wasn't really there for a horror movie, but this still was kind of enjoyable.
Luke C.
July 5, 2013
Never read the book, Found this on dvd for 3 so bought it anyway. Well I thought that its got one of the lost boys star's in it. How bad can it be?

Thought I was watching a made for TV production, I managed to watch the film through to the end.
January 20, 2013
I can't really defend my liking this movie, I grew up with it. I was a child of the 80's and three of my favorites were Silver Bullet, The Lost Boys, and of course.. Watchers. It is what it is, it's a low budget monster movie with rampant over acting, and a creature that is almost never shown. Personally I see that as a smart decision on the part of the film makers, if you're not one hundred percent confident in your effects department.. then hide their creation and only show it in quick cuts. I think it works well, the monster didn't even look that bad- and trust me I've seen a lot. Michael Ironside is fun as the villain, there are some decent scares, some graphic violence, and a moderate amount of suspense.
April 30, 2012
That sould be a negitvie 5 starts. For what they did to a good book the directors and producers that worked on this film should NEVER be allowed to work in the industry again!!!
March 20, 2012
Garbage! Rubbish! A few cool death scenes so I give it 1 star.
March 1, 2012
Another of those middle-of-the-road horror movies from the 1980s. This one has the likable Corey Haim (1971-2010) and a decent, if cliched, story of government experiments gone awry. Decent diversion for a rainy day.
CricketSlayer
July 8, 2011
Completely ruins one of my favorite stories by Dean Koontz. Fuck Corey Reams.
kingofthecorn
June 30, 2011
(* 1/2): Thumbs Down
March 23, 2011
80's sci-fi horror.. moar!!
FilmGrinder S.
June 8, 2010
Didn't do the book justice, but its still not that bad. A Corman production= cheap and easy.
januaryroses
July 18, 2008
Great movie. I know a lot of people who saw this movie and loved it and they did not realize it was a Haim movie. It seems like people do not want to like movies that he is in, but this is a good movie.