47% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

Water's Edge Reviews

FanGirl
FanGirl

November 9, 2006
Man, if it weren't for the wonder that is Nathan Fillion I would not have made it through this 'film.' I saw it on the Lifetime Movie Network, if you're familar with Lifetime you'll know what I mean when I say this movie belonged on LMN. But if you're a Fillion fan this is a must see because as always Nathan is Fantastic.
Philip W.
July 19, 2014
This film begins as do many thrillers. A couple moves to the husband's father's old rural retreat, replete with a dusty and aging cabin, a beautiful lake, and townspeople with dark secrets. The attractive but unstable wife is close to suicide due to guilt over her young daughter's death. The husband leaves her with a shotgun and hidden shells while he tries to get creative by writing on a small boat.

The story really begins when the husband comes upon a sheriff who is about to murder a second attractive woman that he has beaten and cuffed. Hubby saves her by blowing away the sheriff who has refused to back down and is getting his service revolver out of his patrol car, presumably to kill both of them. And this is where the plot unravels into a huge illogical mess. Instead of calling authorities and getting the woman to a hospital as any sane person would, he pushes the patrol car with sheriff inside into the lake and takes in the female victim. He's paranoid about being somehow implicated in some farcical murder plot while all that is required is for the victim to corroborate his story and show her wounds. This is where I stopped watching, refusing to waste one more second of my movie on this lame duck. I suggest you do the same.