Water's Edge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Water's Edge Reviews

FanGirl
½ November 9, 2006
Man, if it weren't for the wonder that is Nathan Fillion I would not have made it through this 'film.' I saw it on the Lifetime Movie Network, if you're familar with Lifetime you'll know what I mean when I say this movie belonged on LMN. But if you're a Fillion fan this is a must see because as always Nathan is Fantastic.
½ July 19, 2014
This film begins as do many thrillers. A couple moves to the husband's father's old rural retreat, replete with a dusty and aging cabin, a beautiful lake, and townspeople with dark secrets. The attractive but unstable wife is close to suicide due to guilt over her young daughter's death. The husband leaves her with a shotgun and hidden shells while he tries to get creative by writing on a small boat.

The story really begins when the husband comes upon a sheriff who is about to murder a second attractive woman that he has beaten and cuffed. Hubby saves her by blowing away the sheriff who has refused to back down and is getting his service revolver out of his patrol car, presumably to kill both of them. And this is where the plot unravels into a huge illogical mess. Instead of calling authorities and getting the woman to a hospital as any sane person would, he pushes the patrol car with sheriff inside into the lake and takes in the female victim. He's paranoid about being somehow implicated in some farcical murder plot while all that is required is for the victim to corroborate his story and show her wounds. This is where I stopped watching, refusing to waste one more second of my movie on this lame duck. I suggest you do the same.
January 15, 2016
One of the better movies of my 10 Movies-Box , Good story , acting was good enough to , nice ending .... SOMDVD
½ July 19, 2014

½ August 12, 2010
Otherwise know as: Nathan Fillon Needed a Summer Home. A fun film for playing Guess the Baldwin.
February 16, 2009
The shot wounds are a bit unrealistic, not enough blood. But further than that it`s a nice movie
November 4, 2008
I love Nathan Fillion. I love the way he delivers dialogue, and his facial expressions and mannerisms. He is the actor I really want to reach the superstar level. He brought his considerable talents to a movie that just couldn't keep up. The story sucked, and the rest of the cast was clearly from the B-movie, soap opera scene. It is frustrating because I want to see Nathan Fillion in awesome movies with him as the lead.
April 17, 2008
Great dramatic story
½ March 2, 2008
Nathan Fillion makes an ok thriller into something worth seeing.
July 4, 2007
not interested at all
½ June 15, 2007
Oh Nathan... how could you? Don't worry. I still love you.
½ June 4, 2007
Not the best movie out there. A bit slow and not that hard to figure out.
½ April 24, 2007
I don't regeret seeing it, but it isn't the most brilliant movie ever made....and I don't know that I would watch it again.
April 18, 2007
good movie go nathon
April 13, 2007
nathan, nathan, nathan
½ April 10, 2007
Bad dialog,awful acting on Baldwin part.And one of the movie *suprise* was so predictable.However nice perfomance from Fillion and Vaugier.
FanGirl
½ November 9, 2006
October 24, 2006
Why oh why can't I get this in the UK? I'm missing out on Fillion time here...