Waxwork II: Lost in Time Reviews

puffchunk
November 19, 2007
This movie is nuts. They go into basically tv land and live out parts of movies such as evil dead (with bruce campbell no less), alien, frankenstein, don juan, and several others.
½ July 8, 2007
Gone is the classic Wax Museum, and things get right to the science fiction, with jumping through different time zones to meet various classic monsters. It's a great movie that takes us to familiar horror movie tributes. I really enjoyed the journey.
nickymo89
½ August 10, 2007
Cheesy but it knows it. Still got time portals lol.
½ November 17, 2009
They really made this movie look like Evil Dead 2. Other than that, it was not as good as the original and didn't feel like as if it was a waxwork movie. The only credit that I give to this movie was that they continued right where the first one left off. And thats always great to see.
January 12, 2013
Sequel to the fabulously fantastical 1988 film, this starts where the previous ended. A murderous hand (ala Evil Dead 2) survives the inferno and goes on to spray mustard in a gal's face (oh, and kill her daddy). Opening a time-portal, the two surviving kids travel from one time-place to another. Basically the same premise as the first film, with a different framing story. A number of hilariously graphic events befall them in these alternate realities which include send-ups to Dawn of the Dead, The Raven, Alien, Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, Godzilla, Nosferatu, and several others. Some are better than others with a few dragging on. Bruce Campbell and David Caradine both star (guess the director got them from his previous film Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat)! With its comedy and gore, this is a sequel as good as its predecessor in almost every way!
½ October 2, 2012
I don't think movies knew what it wanted to be. It starts off like a huge Evil Dead 2 ripoff. It then starts to become just like the first Waxwork movie where they're going from scene to scene with no real overlying plot or reason for it. Each scene they jump to has almost nothing to do with the one prior or the one that follows. First it's horror, then it's sci-fi, then it's a swashbuckler and a medieval movie that reminded me more of something like A Kid in King Arthur's Court (that's an insult btw). I love movies that cross many genres of film, but this one doesn't really even string it together. Each time period could be it's own movie. It's really closer to an anthology type of movie than a coherent story. It's slightly better than something like Dungeonmaster (or Ragewar), but that movie was more of an experiment. I think if Waxwork 2 were more like something along the lines of Stay Tuned (never thought I'd bring that movie up as a positive) then I think it would have been much better. I liked the ending sequence where Zach Galligan is sword fighting through many different time periods and that's what I think this movie needed that something like Stay Tuned had: A threat that follows the protagonist through his journey.
October 19, 2010
This sequel lost a point for me by losing Deborah Foreman as Galligan's love interest, just because I really dug her in the first film.

Basically an excuse to parody/homage numerous films and genres, it does have a few fun appearances from Marina Sirtis and Bruce Campbell, so that's something to look forward to.

Rental? Sure, finish out the set, ya completist!
½ August 16, 2009
I loved this movie it covers all the B-movie areas. From mad scientist to aliens in space. From ghosts to zombies. As we follow our heroes through time, it never gets dull. Recommend to everyone, also you should check the first one out too.
½ January 31, 2009
I thought surely this series couldn't get any worse, but I was dead wrong. It picks up right where the last one left off when the hand escaped, but when a completly new cast expecting us not to notice. I don't know how it is possible, but it's even worse than the original. It was just sooo bad. I never even want to hear about this movie again.
½ October 26, 2008
starts off where the last one left off.They change Sarah though.They rip off evil dead with the whole severed hand bit.Hell even Bruce Campbell makes a cameo in this movie.scratch that, a lot of actors make a cameo in this,they even have a rap at the end with a montage.This is pure camp but you can tell they had fun making this movie. more dimension jumping into classic horror movies.I saw parts 1 and 2 on fearnet.
August 16, 2007
i really liked this sequel almost as much as the first one. it took the idea from the first movie to a new level and was awesomely creative. loved bruce campbell's cameo!
½ May 6, 2007
This movie is so cheesy. It's supposed to be though. It's a horror movie genre tribute. This one and the first one feature some of the most well known monsters of all time. It's really worth seeing if you are a fan of the genre.
May 4, 2007
Not a bad sequel, even though it went a little too long. The best were the scenes with Bruce Campbell and the salt and vinegar scenes. Absolutely hilarious. See it for that scene at least. Not the best acting, kind of a weak story, but still a bit entertaining.
½ December 21, 2006
time dimensional shits go on throughout this movie,its pretty neat.watch it if you dont have a weak stomach. :)
January 3, 2014
Not too much to say about this movie, other than it has loads of bad acting, but is very fun! Bruce Campbell really makes the movie, and the random, silly gore just ads to the campiness. Good concept and an interesting venture from the first movie's plot. I really enjoyed it! You're sure to laugh!
August 6, 2013
Crazy and uneven, the movie serves as a low-budget tribute to popular classics. Parodying films like Alien, Dawn of the Dead, Nosferatu, Godzilla, and much more, it makes itself quite memorable. Not to mention several familiar faces, like Bruce Campbell and David Carradine. The plot is a mess though, and most of the film is in the medieval ages, which is boring compared to the rest of the time-jumps. The characters aren't too great and the overall story is thin. It is worth watching for the cheesy effects and nods to other movies though.
½ October 23, 2012
I was so impressed with Waxwork one that I spent no time checking out Waxwork II and holy fuck was that a mistake. The plot makes not one bit of sense, there is no Waxworks in this entire movie, & the female lead was recast. All bad bad things. The one shining spot was Bruce Campbell's cameo as a scientist in a ghost story scene that is up on a crucifix while crows pick away at his exposed ribs. Bruce quips and gets pelted with things as only he can. You can youtube that scene and save yourself the time and not watch the rest of this shit stick. And the F+ was only because of the Bruce cameo.
August 23, 2012
great movie it reminds me my childhood :)
August 31, 2011
I found this movie to be as good, or possibly even better than the first. I mean it had it's stupid moments, but so what? I very much enjoyed how they were able to make a generally good sequel off of a cliffhanger that I thought was really dumb.
½ May 28, 2010
I really enjoyed this. They haven't done something this crazy since the evil dead series. What I mean is, Evil Dead was more of a horror film and then Army Of Darkness was a comedy action film. Same goes for this. The first was more horror like and this was like a comedic adventure. Zach Galligan was pretty good again. The new girl they got to replace the old one was pretty bad. But the cheesiness from the film made up for it. Plus there was a great performance in one scene by Bruce Campbell and you have to enjoy that.