—— The Identical Sep 05

April 25, 2014
Friday, April 25, 2014

(2000) When The Sky Falls
THRILLER/ DRAMA

Initially a made-for-TV movie, now available for rent starring Joan Allen as Irish crime-investigating reporter Sinead Hamilton, investigating the death of a person named Martin Shaughnessy, and his connection to the IRA as well as other unethical practices regarding drugs being sold to minor children. Although, it's based on an actual person, at least 75% of the movie has been fabricated, particularly the scenes how some of Dublin's police are being treated by the criminal public. In this movie, people can be assaulted and still get away with it, since it's the ridiculous my-word-against-yours sort of thing. And women are allowed to get assaulted by criminal men for trespassing, for the movie is so ludicrous, we don't even get to witness the court proceedings about how some people are able to get away from it- only that they're able to beat the system. If it wasn't for Joan Allen's acting this movie would've been too unbearable to watch.

2 out of 4 stars
Jim  G.
November 14, 2012
This is one of the worst Bond films ever made. It has zero fun factor. Romance is non-existant and it shamelessly rips off Bourne, Silence of the Lambs, and Dark Knight and many others. This is not an intelligent Bond movie and the filmmakers should be ashamed. I wanted to love this film, and was gravely disappointed on many fronts. Don't waste your money.
jazza923
January 8, 2007
6.5/10. Although it is not as good as the Cate Blanchett's "Veronica Guerrin", based on the same story, it is a fine film on it's own. I am surprised by the poor reviews. Joan Allen does a great job in the main role. It is a very interesting story, moves along well. I found it very interesting and skillfully made.