91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

When Trumpets Fade Reviews

iLeo
iLeo

June 9, 2008
Great movie!! Great story plot. Phenomenal cast.
williamleonard
December 8, 2007
Although the film tends to insist that it's a war film, it is in fact a horror film in the first order. No real gripes about it except for the fact that some scenes creaped the s**t out of me and the fact that it gets kinda formulaic towards the end.
domarad
December 23, 2007
BASED ON A TRUE STORY, this powerful war movie depicts some painful battle scenes as the US invaded Germany proper in World War II.
April 1, 2014
Among the 10 best WW2 movies.
March 25, 2013
I saw this on HBO when it 1st came on the TV back in the 90's

Was happy to see that it is now on DVD and is now added to my collection.
Kai J. H.
June 27, 2012
You don't see edgy battle scenes here,but film is must to see and tells story of one infantry squad in a battle obscured by Hitler's Ardennes Offensive-the Battle of Hurtgenwald.

This is a battle which should be remembered.

This is what war is about!
moviebuff18cab
December 26, 2004
WHEN TRUMPETS FADE (1998)
paul r.
June 12, 2010
If you like war movies this is superb. It is well acted and realistically done with a compelling story. The cast is well chosen also. I am fussy about my WW2 movies, but this is one of the best around.
fraser m.
June 7, 2010
the story was very good. the acting overall was poor Zak Orth was terrible and i hope he goes through acting school one more time but Ron Eldard was very good in it. even though the acting and battle scenes are not as good as SPR (saving private ryan) but i think its a better than SPR because its historicly acurite and not a hollywood war flick. it shows that the americans got there ass kicked in the battle of hurtgen forest.
Christian Z.
May 16, 2010
Boring, slow with a host of characters you can't care about or empathize with...the CO played by Dwight Yoakum is loathsome and the budget must have been very low, but it does show that the Hurtgen was a bloody mess...
DSL
October 27, 2009
A decent war flick, you can definetely tell its an older flick but it was ok.
Mike P.
July 12, 2009
A must see WWII movie.
Rollingred
June 21, 2009
A good flick for the budget it was under.
CYNIC74
July 25, 2005
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]But here are some good movies I've seen lately. If you like war flicks check out When Trumpets Fade, pretty good stuff.[/size][/font]
Make Me Bleed
September 20, 2004
This was a pretty good depiction of war. Not only did the Germans get their asses kicked but the Americans got reamed pretty bad too (Unlike most U.S WW2 movies) and quite horrifically i might add. I wish i could find this film so i could add it to my slowly growing "Smith`s List" I kinda saw the ending coming but all in all a good war flick, unlike certain WW2 movies...
MuthaGoose
June 25, 2004
and I watched it tonight. You can all do yourselves a favor and don't even bother to check this one out. The music, the acting, the non-existant storyline, the crappy special effects; the list is eternal.