White Girl

White Girl Reviews

EightThirty .

August 1, 2010
31/07/2010 (TELEVISION)

I'm glad I was too lazy to find the remote to change the channel, because I allowed this flick to carry on and it was quite good.

A real sobering thought and a truthful situation that is challenging and emotional. A hard knock story that is easy to relate to concerning domestic violence that cycles with broken promises.

This movie reveals that it is better to judge when you've had a taste than to judge without tasting. Taste whatever it is before you can say you like it or not because you'll never know... you might just like it! Or not.
iLeo
iLeo

August 16, 2009
An amazing movie that centralizes around the life of a young girl whom finds peace, happiness, and balance within a religion. Leah is young but carries a huge amount of responsibilities and acts as a mother to her younger brother and sister. She searches for a sanctuary where she can just be herself, and not have to worry about the safety of her family. Harboring a troubled life in which her mother continually goes back and forth in an abusive relationship, Leah seeks the comfort in learning about the religion of her fellow neighbors and classmates at her new school. She didn't understand the principles at first, until she reads and learns the ideal concepts on her own and finds her inner voice lies in strength and determination. She hopes that with faith, she can enable her mother to be a strong, and independent woman. Fantastic music. Great performance by Holly Kenny. Worth seeing!