White Noise 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Noise 2 Reviews

3niR
January 23, 2010
This one is better than the first one. I liked the ending.
August 5, 2009
Slightly better than it's predecessor, White Noise The Light has very little in common with it's older sibling. This time the film is more concerned with being exciting, creepy and disturbing. It mostly pays off. More of a super-hero movie, where Fillion can sense who is about to die. The film has a wonderful twist and plays on the idea of meddling in matters of fate. Unfortunately, there are just too many small moments of cheap/corniness. Had it not been made as a sequel to White Noise, it could have been more free to do it's own thing and have it's own style.
FiLmCrAzY
April 10, 2009
Its good not as good as the 1st one but watchable!
nuheart
January 18, 2007
Silliness that tries to go a step further than the original by making Nathan Fillion the receiver of the images - with no explanation as to why. It was mostly predictable and lame, but Fillion is always fun to watch.
½ July 14, 2007
A very interesting movie, way better than the first one, or at least with a better story with some very good twists. An unknown cast, mostly actors from tv or independent films, but the case of Nathan Fillion was a very good surprise, his performance was with very credible and convincing aswell as the acting job of Craig Fairbass. Again the only thing I think it was a little weak was the ending, expected something betters
May 18, 2007
A pretty good sequel dealing with near death experiences has a good twist if not groundbreaking.
ascordeiro108
½ April 10, 2011
Way, way better than the first, it doesn't even seem to be a sequel. The plot was much more interesting than the first one and, of course, it had Nathan Fillion which by himself is always enjoyable to watch.
April 7, 2008
As dumb as they come, White Noise 2: The Light is a stinker of a film. A sequel only in name - the events here have no relation to the Michael Keaton failure - this is frustrating, wholly unoriginal fare. The dialogue is truly terrible (every conversation has a choice of clunkers) and the acting flat. Nathan Fillion and Katee Sackhoff are both very talented actors but even their gallant efforts don't help. They're frankly slumming it here - surely they didn't need a pay cheque that badly? As for the plot... being derivative is one thing, but White Noise 2: The Light has the gall to completely rip-off plot devices and twists wholesale from the likes of Final Destination, Unbreakable and Lost Souls to name but three. Director Patrick Lussier tries to disguise the unoriginality by throwing in so many camera tricks and unusual compositions (a couple of which admittedly are quite striking) that the film descends into campery, and the bizarre editing means that scenes transition without any logic. The biblical imagery becomes tired and eventually sickening and the ending holds absolutely no surprises. AVOID.
DrStrangeblog
½ March 3, 2012
A man has a near-death experience when attempting suicide and re-awakens with the ability to discern who is about to die next. Armed with a new purpose in life, he dedicates himself to saving those he can but soon discovers that his actions have grave consequences....

This DTV (direct-to-video) release employs a cast to entice any TV sci-fi fan starring Firefly's Nathan Fillion and Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff. I was disappointed to discover she doesn't have many scenes as 2nd-billing would indicate, but she's very good in her role as the nurse who tends to Fillion's physical and mental wounds, showing that she is not a one-role wonder during her impressive turn as Starbuck. But this is mainly The Captain Mal Show and Fillion does a steady job carrying the movie.

I wonder if this would have played better as a low-key suspenser in the mold of Unbreakable because there simply aren't enough thrills to stretch over 100 minutes. The soundtrack is crammed with the extrasensory "white noise" Fillion hears and sees which is a sound designer's creative dream but splits the effective-to-annoying ratio at 1:2. Moves at an unhurried pace and we often figure out key plot points minutes before Fillion does so we have to sit back and wait for him to catch up. Perhaps that's how the director managed to conjure a couple good jump-scares among the duds.

Although 90% nonsense, I enjoyed the story which takes a nifty unexpected turn. This is the first movie I've seen based on a recommendation from the guy who hosts Totally Twisted Flix and he didn't steer me far wrong, this is decent paranormal fodder. Especially if you're a Rush fan, where a children's choir rendition of "The Spirit of Radio" more than makes up for a rather muddled ending.
½ June 14, 2008
Amazing! Miles better than the 1st one, and I mean it literally. The plot was just so interesting and revealing itself at the right pace with unexpected events.
The acting was really well done too, especially by Nathan Fillion. His character was very believable and you could actually feel what he feels.
The only thing is that now knowing the whole plot, is this going to be just as interesting the second time round? That's the only reason I didn't give it full 5 stars. But otherwise, I definitely recommend this movie to everyone who loves supernatural, psychological horror/thrillers, especially the ones about life and death.
FanGirl
½ January 1, 2007
Honestly, White Noise: The Light, probably only deserves 2.5 or 3 stars but it gets the extra bump because of Nathan Fillion and the "Captain Tight Pants" reference. For a sequel it has a decent story (basically White Noise meet Final Destination 2) and visually has more than its share of style, but utimately it was a little too cheesey and little too heavey on the sudo-religious mumbojumbo for my taste.
iLeo
December 24, 2007
This is definitely an interesting movie. Nathan Filion is fantastic.
DrLappos
July 11, 2007
Really good follow up to the original.
January 4, 2007
First of all compared to the first this was definetly the better of the two.

Goes about the same story but with different characters which was very good compared to other sequels i have seen.

Altho this was the sequel to 'White Noise' i found it alot more involved with the whole story-line than the original.

Overall, i found that this being a sequel is fantastic one of the few sequels that surpass the original.
½ January 11, 2008
This was an interesting story though there was no great mystery to this movie. Fillion was a great leading man and it was definitely worth watching once.
November 17, 2008
By far the best scary movie I've seen in a long time! I don't get scared easily, but this movie had me out of my skin!
February 1, 2012
This was alittle dissapointing. Not in the fact that the first wasn't all that great but this could of been so much better. It lacked some character relationships. They tried to put the main character and another into a 'close' relationship but I just didn't see anything of it. There could of been more.
The special effects and the main premise for the ghost was good though. Not the same but just differant from the original.
It's a decent enough watch but don't get your hopes up.
½ October 7, 2011
A rare instance of a sequel blowing away the original. Not that this is an excellent film, but the first 'White Noise' was an enormously disappointing failure. Fortunately, this sequel is what the original should have been.

The story interjects a little bit of 'Final Destination' into the premise, which I thought worked pretty well. Some fairly decent acting from the cast, although I found Sackhoff to wear kind of thin. Fortunately she's super cute so I don't mind her too much. The writing is ok, but doesn't do the film many favors.

Has its share of creepy moments, but I can't say it was scary. Does offer some pretty intense scenes (one of the first scenes of the film has Fillion watch his son and wife murdered right in front of him) that sometimes feel like a punch to the gut. Has a fair number of twists and turns, but it doesn't end up doing anything out of the ordinary. I'm pretty sure I figured out what was happening about 45 minutes in. Not trying to puff myself up, just pointing out that its not a particularly hard to figure out twist.

Another thing I really liked was the clever use of pop culture intermingled throughout. Examples would be the school chorus singing Rush's 'The Spirit Of Radio', which is a perfect song for a 'White Noise' movie, and 'Frankenstein' on the tv in the background which obviously has to do with bringing people back from the dead.

The final scene is pretty anticlimactic and packs little punch. Has some pacing issues and some choppy editing and storytelling. All in all, this is an interesting film that, while it doesn't bring anything particularly original, manages to handily outdo its predecessor.
½ September 27, 2010
One of the rare times the sequel is better than the original...but not by much. It has some decent jump scenes, but they could have utilized the ghosts more.
½ August 22, 2010
A sequel thats better than its predecessor and possibly the best direct-to-DVD film ever. In my opinion this movie is better than the first. Just don't expect an all out horror flick. This was more of a supernatural thriller. Been a fan of Fillion since ye old Firefly days.