• R, 1 hr. 32 min.

100% Orphan Black: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Whiteboyz Reviews

January 6, 2013
Bottle Rocket meets Malibu's Most Wanted. You'd think it would be better, but it wasn't. To be honest, though, I just couldn't look away. Biggest takeaway for me? Mark Webber can rap.
HeroPK
November 21, 2010
I loved this movie. Danny Hoch plays a guy who lives in Iowa but want to be urban. youth.. aka a wigger. Sorry for the politcal incorectness but I don't know how else to describe it. I thought it was pretty hilarious because every one knows somebody like this that wants to be the big fish in a little pond.
August 17, 2013
Atrocious tripe. As bad as you think it will be. My IQ is lower for having watched it.
June 24, 2013
I saw this one a long time ago. I think people missed the point, and perhaps, still do. It gets a little long in the tooth for a 90 minute film, but, the social commentary within makes this well worth the watch.
October 30, 2012
As a Transplant from Chicago to Iowa..I find this film to be very relevant and spot on to some extent.. I understand what its message was while also getting a laugh out of it -I saw many people who acted like the characters in this film in high school here...This is a great film and accurate portrayal of how the media and pop culture can influence its rural audience (specifically the youth in this case.) This film also has somewhat of a cult following in Iowa...it has some things that only someone who has lived in Iowa would spot: Eating at a (crappy)restuarant present at every mall in Iowa-Diamond daves. Kids working at Apac- a now dufunct telemarketing firm that every high school kid worked at in the 90s, and the scenes shot at the ped mall in Iowa city, specifically the field house...so props to who ever made this movie..they definitely paid attention to the details...unfortunately only an iowan would get it tho i think.
Ori A.
August 5, 2011
Once you get familiar with style and attitude of the film, you can appreciate its story and characters for what they are. I found this to be a very enjoyable film as both a Hip Hop enthusiast and general movie watcher. It has great cameo appearances from several rappers and hip hop figures with some awesome scenes. The film may seem to drag on half way through, but eventually leads on to a very thrilling finale set in the projects and ghettos the protagonist often talks about aspiring to live in.
Mike D.
August 6, 2011
Great movie to watch on a Saturday night, I hate watching this movie on Sunday though. Just makes me feel bad for some reason. Anyway the rap video with Snoop Dogg is pretty sweet, and also the part when they go to the projects, that's my fav part of the movie.
jonesy b.
March 26, 2011
Strikes a great balance between comedy and drama. While funny, or shocking on the surface, it is also sad and serious underneath. Hoch's performance brings meaning to the absurd.