Jackie Chan's Who Am I? (Wo shi shei) (Who Am I?) Reviews

May 29, 2011
Easily Chan's best film. Solid story telling that keeps the viewer guessing, enough emotion to keep us from sitting in the shallow end and definitely includes the charm of Chan's signature comedy-action.

But where it shines are the set pieces and action sequences that don't feel like a derivative of his Police Story films, there's always something exciting to look forward to as whoami runs around the world "battling" villains one way or another.

Ah the villains, generic and cardboard as always but who expects better from a martial arts / action film from the 90's?
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
excellent stunt work, a decent story, and a phenomenal fight scene at the end of the film help contribute to this being one of jackie chans absolute best action films. in some of chans films the stunts are forced even when theyre good, and this film avoided that contrived feeling and kept me thoroughly entertained the entire way through. the story was built on multiple misunderstandings among the characters, and this also felt reasonable as the gimmicks were executed very well. excellent action film.
August 15, 2009
"Jackie Chan's Who Am I?" was written and directed by Jackie Chan himself, he also stars in the movie. He is a special forces agent who was accidentally dropped from a soaring helicopter and he plummeted to the earth so fast and hard that it gave him a shot of amnesia. Now, Jackie Chan is wanted just about everywhere because he is a missing person, but he has to deal with the enemies who have a mysterious disk because they want to kill him. On top of that, he really doesn't remember anything because of the amnesia, he doesn't even know who he is.
"Jackie Chan's Who Am I?" is a great Jackie Chan action movie. Parts of it such as when Jackie is trying to help a man cure a snake bite and he chews up a plant that makes his mouth numb, are funny. Other parts of the movie such as when Jackie makes his first escape from his enemies from the top of a tall building, the fighting scenes, and the car escape sequence are nonstop and edge of the seat action. "Jackie Chan's Who Am I?" has some of the best and most exciting action ever seen in any movie. The plot is understandable enough and the acting isn't bad either. But the action sequences are what you'll never forget about this movie. If you like great martial arts movies or action movies, I definitely recommend getting "Jackie Chan's Who Am I?" NOTE: That was a copy of my Amazon review from the year 2000. I need to see more Jackie Chan movies.
August 8, 2008
Great action, ridiculous premise/story.
½ August 8, 2008
I don't think I've seen this since I was 12 years old, but peculiarly enough, I remember nearly all of it. That's not always a sign of quality, but it certainly can't hurt.
garyX
May 17, 2007
More of Chan's trademark comic strip kung fu, but with an amnesia spin. Don't expect anything as weighty as Memento, but it's a typically fun action movie. But DUBBED!!
November 30, 2006
Great Jackie Chan film with some excellent set pieces.
DragonEyeMorrison
August 8, 2008
Enjoyable actioner from Jackie.
deano
May 30, 2007
If only he hadn't of remembered and continued inflicting his humorless martial arts comedies on the world. Wonderful end fight scene but it doesn't justify the previous hour and half.
ajaymuthecooldevils
½ June 4, 2006
kinda unforgettable I think...
½ January 12, 2008
Heaps of funny and action that features unbelievable stunts and outrageous fights that rival all of Jackie Chan's previous work. One of Jackie Chan's best films.
June 2, 2012
Jackie has to be the best modernized martial arts movie magician of all time. This isn't my favorite movie of his, I had seen it before but chose to re-watch it after not remembering the last time I actually did see it.

Just watch it for the roof fight toward the end. It's an instant classic and has one of his top 10 stunts ever in it.
xxdebxx
December 1, 2011
"Ngo si sui" is about an agent (Jackie Chan) who plays a US operative who is sent on a mission with a team in South Africa. Everyone involved with this mission, with the exception of several "higher ups" are killed in a helicopter accident but Jackie Chan is fortunate enough to fall out of the helicopter before it crashed. When he wakes up, he has developed amnesia, forgetting who he is and what he has done. The rest of the film then is about his own personal quest to find out his past and identity. All the while, some dastardly CIA operatives try to catch and dispose of him. Fortunately WhoamI, as he is called now, he has not forgotten his training, especially not the training in martial arts. So as he fights for his own survival he must find out both who he is and why he is in such a danger.
½ April 26, 2006
This is the one where Jackie Chan yells "Whooooooo Aaaaaaaaam Iiiiiiiiii!" There is no such thing as a bad amnesia movie.
½ November 6, 2011
Jackie Chan kick asses!!!!!!! I loved the Taiwanese Mandarin Dubbing, it's very funny and action packed
mingsysar
½ August 15, 2006
Has to be seen to be believed.
June 8, 2007
Who are you? You are Jackie Chan. Go kick someone's ass. That's your plot right there. Which is enough for me :)
August 30, 2009
One of best Jackie Chan ever. Very clean crisp fast moving film and very interesting backdrop. Very European.
November 13, 2008
He can't remember who he is, but if he does, he's dead! And I find this film thrilling and great, with our main character asking himself: Who Am I? Abandoned for dead after a CIA plane crash, a lone commando must fight to regain his memory and uncover an international espionage ring before they can unleash a powerful (and deadly) new energy source. With the aid of two beautiful sidekicks, Jackie fights his way across continents and faces armed assassins. Starring the great performances by Jackie Chan, Michelle Ferre, Mirai Yamamoto, and Ed Nelson.