• R, 1 hr. 32 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Who is Cletis Tout? Reviews

Cynthia S

May 5, 2011
Mildly entertaining. Storyline was only ok, but presented in a unique narrative style. Ru Paul's character was unnecesary, and distracting. Doesn't work on every level, but not too bad. Passed away an afternoon for me...
jim222001us
jim222001us

April 5, 2010
Christian Slater stars as a crook who gets a new identity after breaking out of prison. He's given the name Cletis Tout, which turns out to be the name of someone the mob wants dead. While Slater is looking for a box of diamonds that his friend (Ricard Dreyfuss) in prison hid when he was younger, he gets help from Dreyfuss' daughter (Portia de Rossi).

The movie wants to be a smart Get Shorty type of mob comedy, but it never reaches that level. The only reason to watch this movie is for the performances. Believe it or not, but Tim Allen steals the show as a movie loving hit-man. Tim Allen shows here and Redbelt that he's wasted in the crappy family comedies that he usually makes. The guy can actually act and can handle more serious roles. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing him as "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" one more time lol.
July 3, 2013
This started off strong, but I completely lost interest in it after about half an hour. It doesn't seem like there's much point, if any, and with the possible exception of Tim Allen, none of the acting is memorable. I heard about this movie for a long time and looked forward to seeing it, but I was pretty disappointed.
February 1, 2012
Niot a blockbuster comedy but I still liked it. Funny and there clown/bank thing was pretty clever. I watched this mainly for Tim Allen but it wasn't a usual role for him. Still, it won't bore you though.
February 25, 2009
This movie is really good in that it takes people and puts them in roles they are not envisioned to EVER play. Tim Allen is an AWESOME hitman! The plot seems simple at first but becomes more complex as the story goes. Great caper fun.
HiMyNameIsSteve
July 8, 2007
A twisty comical crime film that slipped through the cracks. Fans of Christian Slater shouldn't miss this.
austinday
April 20, 2007
With a cast of Richard Dreyfuss , Christian Slater , Tim Allen and RuPaul , You would think you might get a laugh from it. The only laugh it gave me was how fucking retarded the story was. And how I payed 7 bucks for this crap!
March 9, 2012
I don't get why critics hated this film. It is quirky, and is not really a crime genre movie as described above. It is an odd little comedy about mistaken identity and love. It has weird-but-funny characters throughout. The characters are all extremely flawed, but even the criminals have some little something in their character to redeem them enough to make you like them. The dumb and inept hit-men who try to better themselves through "intelligent" discourse, the heavy hitter with a heart, the messed up dad trying to steal a life for his daughter, the accomplice along for the ride, but loyal- who falls for the thief's daughter. And the daughter, broken from having her only parent taken away, but finally finding value in a new relationship she can trust.
It is not the best movie you will ever see, but if you like odd-ball characters, it is worth the viewing.
September 5, 2011
Not a FANTASTIC movie, though I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Tim Allen certainly did not fit the role of a hitman. Portia de Rossi's acting was almost cringe-worthy.
July 3, 2011
I thought it was a solid flick that kept you guessing.
Natalie A.
September 6, 2010
It was an enjoyable light comedy. Worth watching.
jazza923
November 8, 2007
Rather bland and unexciting, it lacks punch and solid direction. The cast tries and does pretty well. I liked the score. The quotes from old movies in the dialogue adds some pep, but otherwise it's a dud.
cineador
August 8, 2005
¿Quién es Cletis T..? puede parecer una comedia simple, con toques románticos y de intriga, pero no lo es, ni mucho menos. Detras de su aspecto de comedia boba se encuentra un excelente film, pequeño, sin grandes artificios, pero con una gran historia.

Porque si fuera una cinta de cine negro, es decir, si se le eliminara la parte cómica y romántica, el resultado sería una película negra al más puro estilo clásico. Chris Ver Wiel demuestra que no sólo es un amante del cine, del cine auténtico, el de verdad, sino que sabe mucho del séptimo arte, y lo demuestra. De hecho, ¿Quién es Cletis T...? podría considerarse un homenaje al cine, y en especial al clásico.

La historia es muy buena, en tono de comedia, por supuesto. El robo inicial está muy bien realizado, por no hablar del personaje de Jim el Crítico. Sí, es una comedia, pero el personaje es genial, y encarnado por el gran Bogart o el gran Edward G. Robinson, habría sido simplemente antológico.

Poco más se puede decir de esta gran película.

Un saludo!
abstrakt02
October 6, 2004
I heard a lot of good things about the movie and I wanted to see Tim Allen as a hitman. I think he did a great job w/it and I really liked his character's peculiarities...it was a nice touch. Overall, the movie was good, but it took me awhile to get through it. I felt as though it started off kind of slow, but it did finally pick up after the jail break.