Wild At Heart (1990)
Average Rating: 5.9/10
Reviews Counted: 45
Fresh: 29 | Rotten: 16
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Critic Reviews: 9
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 5
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.7/5
User Ratings: 42,525
Lula Pace Fortune
Harry Dean Stanton
David Patrick Kelly
Brent David Fraser
Tommy G. Kendrick
Red (uncredited/cut ...
Girl in Accident
Pruitt Taylor Vince
Cage S. Johnson
Man at Shell Station
Man in Wheelchair
Singer at Zanzibar
Earl Kovich (uncredi...
Barkeeper at Zanziba...
William Morgan Shepp...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Barry Gifford's beautifully written picaresque novel about southern lovers on the run, though essentially literary, could have worked as a movie had David Lynch shown some fidelity to the realistic context.
Though Miss Dern and Mr. Cage are constantly upstaged by the rest of the movie, they triumph.
Lynch's kinky fairy tale is a triumph of startling images and comic invention.
I enjoyed it more back in 1990, though I'd be hard-pressed to recall exactly why -- viewing it now, it's only a marginally satisfying experience, with some potent set-pieces diluted by an almost juvenile predilection on Lynch's part.
A perverse, violent, nutso depiction of romance that even Bonnie and Clyde would shrug off as too hardcore for them.
This winner of the Cannes Film Festival's Palme d'Or is a lunatic road movie seething with the same dark intensity that animates director Lynch's earlier work.
It's not a pleasant film by any definition, and it's not remotely for everyone, but it's true to Lynch's vision.
Lynch's paean to Wizard of Oz divided critics when it premeiered at Cannes, and it never found an audience beyond the helmer's fans who enjoyed the fable's couple (Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern) taking their own Yellow Brick Road in search of the wizard
Not for the weak of heart, one of the best Lynchian outings with some fantastically memorable dialogue.
Wild at Heart feels belabored, and it lacks the resonance and power with which the best, most unfiltered passages of Lynch's work vibrate.
David Lynch does it again.....a hot, heavy, hellish movie
The film takes its protagonists' twisted, perverse subconscious as its reality: a world of circus freak hitmen, trailer trash Wicked Witches, and, well, Crispin Glover.
A strange and compelling road movie as imagined by writer and director David Lynch.
Audience Reviews for Wild At Heart
- Bobby Peru: Bobby Peru, just like the country.
- Bobby Peru: It`s full of dummies, dummy!
- Sailor Ripley: I guess I started smokin' when I was about four. My Mama was already dead by then from lung cancer.
- Lula Pace Fortune: One of these mornins the sun's gonna come up and burn a hole through the planet like an electrical exray.
- Sailor Ripley: That ain't never gonna happen, honey. At least, not in our lifetime. By then they'll be drivin' Buicks to the moon.
- Sailor Ripley: Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?
- Lula Pace Fortune: About fifty thousand times.
- Lula Pace Fortune: This whole world is wild at heart and weird on top.
Discuss Wild At Heart on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- Sailor et Lula (FR)
- Corazón salvaje (ES)