Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days & 30 Nights - Hollywood to the Heartland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days & 30 Nights - Hollywood to the Heartland Reviews

½ December 1, 2008
While its not nearly as funny as The Comedians of comedy it still gets the job done. Just dont expect Patton or Galifanakis with these standard up and comers.
½ January 20, 2008
John Favreau: Anyone could have played your part in Swingers.
[looks to Justin Long]
John Favreau: I could have gotten Herbie the Love Bug over there to play your role.

A documentary following a comedy show put together by Vince Vaughn. Vaughn has assembled a crew of four comedians he is friends with, and takes them on a trip for 30 shows in 30 consecutive nights. He also has some guests that include John Favreau, Justin Long, Dwight Yoakam, and Kier O'Donnell.

While it may be billed as a big comedy movie, there is actually more footage of behind the scenes stuff than actual comics on stage. I found it interesting to see how comics handle different aspects of the stand up life.

The comics themselves are pretty good, some better than others, none really amazing to me or unfunny. Moments involving Vaughn emceeing the show and poking fun at his own fame is some of the more entertaining material.

As mentioned, the behind the scenes stuff takes up most of the film, and while it does make aspects interesting, it would have been nice to actually see at least one full stand up segment.

A good enough documentary, grounded in the lives of stand up comic lives.

John Caparulo: Why didn't I pick you some flowers? Because it's December, there are no fuckin' flowers. I can get you a pine cone...
February 7, 2008
More engaging as a look at the pressures stand-ups find themselves under.
mattsigur1
August 26, 2010
Kinda cool to watch vaughn put together a tour, but these comics aren't that great.
lizzardb72688
August 2, 2008
It was neat to see both sides of comedians... I just wished they'd shown more jokes... a few were pretty funny.
keith222
½ June 21, 2008
The comics had a couple funny jokes, but nothing that had me thinking these guys were geniuses. Overall though I was never bored watching it, and enjoyed the behnd the scene stuff of the show.
½ March 21, 2012
Great stand up, mixed in with some social commentary and history to make it educational. An enjoyable experience.
July 23, 2010
vince vaughn's wild west comedy show is a documentary that really is hit or miss, but mostly hit. i liked the entire concept of the film and how it takes us on an adventure with the entire crew for 30 days and 30 nights. vince vaughn introduces us to some really fresh and new comics that bring in a ton of laughs from start to finish. the problem with this film is that things don't really change, its all of the same throughout the entire film, but most of the jokes are hilarious. it tries to bring emotion into the film but you really can't take it seriously.
½ June 23, 2010
This is actually a documentary about the comedians in the Wild West Show, not a straight video of the show, though there are plenty of clips. It was a really insightful look into the background of the stand-up comedians, life on the road, challenges of performing every night, and the interesting people they met along the way. Worth watching just for Justin Long's impression of Vaughn in Swingers.
½ March 27, 2010
after seeing this, I never, ever, want to see Vince Vaughn - or any of his buddies - live on stage doing standup.... ever. the comedy was horrible in this film, and the only real good joke is how bad they all were. when it gets into their lives and what kind of people they are, I found myself not caring.
½ December 26, 2009
No barrel-riding. No shameless exploitation of Native Americans. Just a bunch of guidos with mildly funny stand-up routines. Buffalo Bill's left nut would have owned this "wild west".
February 13, 2008
Fun stuff with Vaughn and friends on tour with a comedy show, interspersed with stuff in between sets giving background on the performers themselves.

I really enjoyed the comedy bits, as well as the behind the scenes stuff, which is backed by lots of old country music; always a big selling point for me.

If you're a fan of the people involved, this is well worth a look.

Check it out.
July 1, 2009
A very defiantly un-Hollywood outing from Vince Vaughn in which he leads a comedy tour through states commonly termed 'fly-over'. With up and coming comics like John Caparulo, director Ari Sandel brings a welcome mix of humor and even a little tragedy, as we get to know the comedians first hand. And Justin Long's Vaughn impersonation? Priceless.
½ April 3, 2009
The stand up comedy is decently funny for the most part: not bad, not great. It was nice to see they did a show to help the Hurricane Katrina victims. However, the rest of the documentary portion was rather boring. There's really nothing "Wild West" about the show, except some country music being played and touring in places like Nashville. Overall, it's a rather mediocre show, which is probably why I was able to watch it instantly for free on Netflix.
½ February 9, 2008
This was a really funny Documentary/Stand-Up tour that Vince Vaughn created. It had some comedians I had never heard of before but they were funny. I wish it would of had a little more stand-up but I'm sure it was pretty hard to combine the stand-up and the documentary and fit it into the length of a movie. I wish I could have seen it live. I didn't know until they had already finished making the movie that they came through my town of Nashville. It would have been cool to see live but it was cool on dvd as well. It's worth a watch if you like stand-up comedy.
August 5, 2008
"You're the gay guy from Wedding Crashers?!... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!"

"Monkey eat peanut.
Monkey shit out peanut.
...Try it."
July 2, 2008
This documentary works as a more character study drive doc, dealing with upcoming stand up comedians. The only problem is there's really only 2 funny comedians, but the other two are like able.
½ July 1, 2008
A documentary about a tour with comedians that is simply not very funny. This is because the comedians are not very good and because a movie about a group of supposedly funny guys on a bus for a month should have many more moments of insanity on the bus. Weak all around. Also, if a comedian is not funny, then there is little to no interest in the guy's family life, though this film insists you get to know each comedian as intimately as possible.
December 19, 2012
It was kind of cool to see but I was hoping to hear more of the comedy routines.