Winter of Frozen Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winter of Frozen Dreams Reviews

bamadeb77
May 4, 2009
this is on dvd so decided to watch. it's really slow & boring at parts but i sat it through and glad i did. the movie is pretty good..made me think who really is behind the 2 killings... love movies that make me think.
August 31, 2011
This had the feel of a simple story that someone wanted to stetch into a feature-length film. The non-linear storyline was sometimes a bit hard to follow as well since the directing was subpar.
September 16, 2010
I find it upsetting that Thora Birch hasn't been in a noteworthy film since 'Ghost World'. So I took on good faith to give this true crime tale a chance. Birch stars as real life murderess and former prostitute who uses men for their love and finances. While it does have some very good moments, overall the film is a total wreck that has earned its place on the straight to video shelf.
November 19, 2009
Amazing acting, intriguing mystery that jumps chronlogy (in a fitting way, not 'hey we are cool, so do this' kind of way). It's sort of a sexual-thriller/ whodunit/ cop procedural. The movie gets a tad bogged in the middle, seeming to be a little to long, despite it's scant 95 minutes. Thora Birch is spectular as the lead, and she has a sexiness and fierceness, and the movie does keep the tension up.
July 10, 2009
Based on a true story but had the feel of a really bad movie of the week. This story takes place in the 70's and revolves around murderess Barbara Hoffman played unconvincingly by Thora Birch. I am a big Thora Birch fan and love just about every movie shes in but a weak script and obvious low budget made this a very rare dud for her. Keith Carradine stole what little of this film there was to steal. Dark Corners & The Hole are much edgier thrillers.
June 12, 2009
The movie lagged a lot, and aside from being a psycho prozzie murderer, Thora Birch was quite adorable...
November 23, 2014
have this on a couple of Echo Bridge DVDs I found at Sears
½ March 23, 2014
The performances aren't the issue here. This film suffers from unbearable pacing, poor editing and snide direction.
August 31, 2011
July 16, 2011
Great drama that fails to deliver.
½ March 15, 2011
Mah. Sad story, completely non sense. The story doesn't appear clear from the beginning to the end. The atmosphere of sadness is nearly stiffling, for the entire duration and it's just tyring. A very bad movie...
September 16, 2010
June 15, 2010
An anti-climactic police procedural. Thora Birch does her best, but there is no substance to the character as written.
April 5, 2010
Says it's based on a true story. I think Thora Birch is still a very good actress and this film wasn't half bad. The whole time your trying to figure out what actually happened and did she in fact murder one or both of them...
½ March 9, 2010
very poor movie, too slow too boring
January 30, 2010
I found the way this was shot very distracting. I'm sad that indie films have developed such a distinctive style that they're becoming as generic as mainstream films. I just couldn't get into this movie.
January 18, 2010
Slow, sluggishly paced, awkward narrative. The only redeeming quality here is an adorable looking passive aggressive female lead.