The Wolves of Kromer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolves of Kromer Reviews

½ August 2, 2014
A baroque tale touching on interesting themes. Amusing at times and innovative but poorly executed with sub-par acting, terrible lighting, bad sound editing and in need of a script rewrite. The werewolves ain't the real horror element -- it's the inane dialogue that will send chills up your spine. Despite its many problems, this film has a strange charm if you're in the mood for a strange film.
August 20, 2008
It wasn't at all what I expected, but it was actually kind of cute. The message was not subtle, but it didn't need to be in a fairy tale.
½ November 30, 2007
Soft werewolf film, not horror. More like two guys have werewolf features such as tails and are gay. Can't understand the story or what's going on. No subtitles in english to read. It's french.
November 24, 2007
Imagine descending into a strange world where witches botch their murderous plots and gay boys are werewolves (yes, with tails). This world is the town of Kromer, the setting of this allegorical romantic fairytale made on a very low budget. Admittedly, the cinematography was quite poor and if you can't appreciate British humor, avoid this movie. I thought it was enjoyable but that opinion comes from a proud and out wolf.
July 19, 2015
I really love the story, and the way it was told this was always keeping me hooked as it progressed and the innocent naive romance between Seth the new wolf and Gabriel the more world wise wolf was so intriguing and passionate with it's entire innocent theme, I cried at the end when they died but it was a shock that the priest was a wolf.
½ August 2, 2014
½ July 21, 2012
its soooooo terrible
February 22, 2012
Boring and trite, for a film about gay werewolves this thing is tame as hell
October 28, 2010
Boring and trite, for a film about gay werewolves this thing is tame as hell
May 30, 2010
This movie takes being gay and make it look like how some newly out gays feel. Insted of being gay they are wolfs. outcasts of society, seen as monstaer and chased and killed just for being who or in this case what they are. One of my top favorites.
SarahTheMovieLover
February 5, 2010
So I was rather reluctant to watch this because I had a feeling it would suck. But then I saw that it wasnt too long so I thought, why not? Turns out I was right. Honestly there is pretty much nothing good about this movie. It's pretty messed up and bizarre and I truly cant even be bothered to figure out all the symbolism. Crazy old ladies and freaky Preists and (I'm completely serious) there was actually a scene where there was a mob and one guy (just one) was actually a member of the KKK - white hood and all. I contemplated rating this even lower but I decided that purly out of shallow reasons (Lee Williams is so cute and James Layton has beautiful eyes) I would at least give it 1 star.

What did this movie teach me? Stay away from guys named Bob - they just might be a member of the KKK...in England?
November 22, 2009
Starring two attractive male werewolves in love, this is the most bizarre gay film I've seen. Imagine my surprise when it actually turned to out to be quite nice! Despite the fact that The Wolves of Kromer is extremely low-budget and doesn't even have a full professional cast, it's an engaging watch with a unique atmosphere. It also has a strong pro-gay message, delivered in an original and sometimes humourous way.
January 29, 2008
I could never get tired of watching this movie.
September 8, 2009
Narrated by Boy George this is a kind of adaptation of a fairy tale.
½ May 5, 2009
I don't know how people can't see what this film is obviously pointing out. I love how the plot is developed around the satire, instead of the satire being developed around the plot.
March 26, 2009
Laura, I'mma kill you for making me watch this. Terrible movie.
February 18, 2009
Lee Williams is one of my all time favorite actors. He is wonderful, and this film looks great <3
January 11, 2009
ok.... will not get it!
September 2, 2008
British way off worn-out, cult & camp. Gay werewolves in minks. WOOOOOFFF.