Zero Day Reviews

blkbomb
½ July 17, 2011
Andre: Ready?
Calvin: Aim...

While Zero Day isn't a pleasant film, it is a very well made film. It's extremely realistic in every way and is based off of the Columbine shootings. The two kids Andre and Cal are troubled and finally break and devise a plan that they call Zero Day. The two actors, Andre Keuck and Calvin Robertson are very believable in their roles.

The buildup to Zero Day is made with patience and is as important as the events at the end. We learn how they will execute their plan, we see them around their parents, and we see how they interact with each other. They talk like they are in the military; even calling themselves The Army of Two and saying everything they do is a mission.

The ending is incredibly well-done and ultra-realistic. It's shocking, chilling, haunting, and disturbing. This kind of stuff has happened before and the way the filmmaker tackled the ending was respectful. He didn't show too much, but just enough. This movie really does deserve to be taken seriously and to be seen by more people.
creepfreak
March 10, 2010
Shockingly, ultra realistic take on the Columbine-like shootings. A harrowing, raw and frightening experience. This is a must see!
March 9, 2012
One of my favourite movies of all time, inspired by "the basement tapes" yet to be released made by the victims of the Columbine Tragedy. Paired with the same low grade camera style of the tapes. The ending is highly engaging, but the entire movie is thought provoking.
February 21, 2012
Good acting and found footage storyline that chronicles the events preceding "Zero Day"... Obviously inspired by Columbine, but still just as shocking and disturbingly interesting.
June 4, 2009
'Zero Day' is everyone's worst nightmare. Two kids have a plan. No one but them knows what they are doing. The performances are superb, coming from rising stars, in a horrific tale based on the tragic Columbine massacre.
February 27, 2007
Rarely can a filmmaker get away with such minimalist production in a narrative setting. This is one of those instances. A truly terrifying and disturbing film.
½ January 29, 2007
I appreciate when documentaries take on the more gritty paths, and in contrast to the more cinematic Elephant etc, they're definitely effective doing that with Zero Day.
½ January 19, 2007
Really well done low budget movie. I brought it in to work and showed the end video camera footage scene to a guy and tricked him into thinking it was the real thing. Thats how good it is.
April 2, 2015
Excellent acting; very interesting concept in which the entire film was recorded with hand-held camcorders. A very disturbing and well played theme. My only concern would be the direction, it wasn't necessarily bad, just not all that great and made the film slightly boring at times.
June 11, 2014
A very well made and impressively entretaining found-footage kind of film. It boast plenty of personality thanks to its characters and its commentary. The story itself, while not terribly complicated, is extreamly well told and holds some really creative and sometimes bizzare moments that make me believe that the movie couldnt have been made in a better way.
December 13, 2013
One of the most depressing films ever. But worth a watch.
June 27, 2013
The only found footage film that is able to succeed Blair Witch. The intensity comes not from an unseen monster, or the actions of a manic serial killer, but from the performances and characters of two average teenagers on a path to doomsday. The best of the found footage genre and the best film to emerge from the aftermath of Columbine.
½ June 22, 2013
Chilling ,,disturbing and haunting ..
January 27, 2013
A great study of the lives of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold before and during the the columbine massacre. Although the hand held camcorder filming can get a bit annoying but if you looking for a good film based on columbine, this is the one.
January 20, 2013
This is an eerily real drama about two kids who plot to shoot up their school. There are some flaws in this film, but there is enough emotional depth and creepy stroytelling to save this one from oblivion. The acting from this first time cast was actually really good for a pretty low budget indie that even I didn't know what it was before my friends told me to watch it. It's an unnerving film that is not for the easily offended. Not bad.
October 7, 2008
7777777777777777777777777777777
January 4, 2013
A disturbingly beautiful look into the mind of the insane.
January 2, 2013
watch this. just wow.
September 18, 2012
Going into this, I thought it was a real event.(though I did consider it odd I had never heard of it) and totally bought it. The ending, with it's realism, made me cry from shock. I thought those people were really dead. I have to give a film that can do that an A+
½ September 4, 2012
A really hard movie whit a tone that is almost frightening. Not for children nor teenager.