Zeus and Roxanne Reviews

½ February 22, 2007
A dog falls in love with a dolphin...what's next?
February 14, 2010
Wholesome, but seems to have lost a lot of its appeal over the years. It has the feel of a television movie. (First viewing - Teen years)
July 7, 2014
A movie about a little obnoxious dog that becomes obsessed with a dolphin...inevitably raises the constant nagging question throughout the film..."Whats the point???" If you have not seen this movie yet...GOOD!...do yourself a favor and save yourself from the agonizing and embarrassingly boring acting and storyline, as well as the incessant, unfunny childish jokes and humor. There's nothing in this film except an unoriginal plot that is not amusing.
March 19, 2010
not very good not even worth it thats all have to say why a dog and dolphin sounds very stupid it is I might be sont bother with it avoid it at all costs
½ May 6, 2007
Ugh. My siblings and I were obsessed with this movie when we were younger. I'm so sick of it, I could die.
½ January 8, 2007
I love Dolphins,and the thought of a Dolphin and a Dog becoming friends is very cute.I love how smart they are,and how they love each other.And all the trouble they go thru to get back to each other.
July 17, 2006
The dog reminds me of my dog, Rowdy. I can't watch this movie without bawling because I miss Rowdy so much.
September 11, 2010
Filmmaking is a serious business. These people who made this movie will certainly agree. But what I can't understand is what they were thinking or maybe even taking when they decided to make this film- which has a premise that is so unbelivably ridiculous, that a certain hatred grew in me towards all the important people involved in this film. That is quite an achivement.

Why did this hatred grow, you ask? Because the filmmakers had the assuming, uncaring and generally brain-dead notion that this film about a dog and a dolphin falling in love could pass off as entertainment. They believed that the audience couldn't care less about what was going on in the movie- If there was some kind of action, they would be satisfied.

They committed what I believe is a very serious error. They grossly (an appropriate word) underestimated the audience and in their case- more importantly, the market. That is why I hate the film so much. I will admit, however, that this the kind of film that isn't worth hating. It's so ridiculous, it's nearly impossible to even care about the characters or anything going on. But I do. It's the fact that they didn't even try to make this premise into a workable idea. The idea of a dog and a dolphin falling in love is almost totally unfilmable. But for some reason, the filmmakers decided that it was, and every person who went to see this film was conned, in my opinion.

Every film ever made should have a certain degree of ambition. When you commit to something like this, you should have achieved something. This is why this film gets zero stars. Because nobody involved with this offensive piece of junk cared at all to make a movie that I, or everyone else who saw it, would spend nearly 100 minutes out of our lives watching it. It's robbery, really. It violates the very idea of a moviegoer's passion for movies. It violates the very notion of why someone goes to see a movie. That's one of the highest movie-going crimes a film can commit, really.
December 28, 2010
This movie's slow, but it's cute. I liked it better when I was a kid, though.
½ August 16, 2010
If the poster made you cringe, then that's a good start. Nothing highlights this movie, whatsoever.
October 2, 2009
Simple story and boring characters. Nice cast, but it's all the good it has.