66% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Shu shan zheng zhuan (The Legend of Zu) (Zu Warriors) Reviews

EightThirty .

October 28, 2009
Absolutely awesome.... Although this movie is old, the visuals are stunning! I don't know why they didn't consider this bunch of film makers for the Dragonball Evolution movie?? Makes Dragonball evolution look like crap!!!!
skactopus
skactopus

June 14, 2009
Tsui Hark's The Legend of Zu is one unique action fantasy adventure.Believe it or not, there is a story, however it is rather difficult to grasp. Why? This film is just so fast paced that the 1 hour and 40 minutes will fly by like nothing. The first 30 minutes is just all action, CG, action, CG, and more action. It almost seems like the finale, and that the film will jump back in time. It doesn't. In fact, the action at the end is able to top this introduction.The CG and special effects are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Seriously, it is non-stop. Some of it looks good and some of it doesn't. However, this film is so deep in the fantasy genre, that the CG doesn't seem so bad. In fact, it just blends in with the atmosphere.The cast is stellar. On the male's side there is Ekin Cheng, Louis Koo, Wu Jing, and Sammo Hung. The beautiful ladies in this film are Cecilia Chung, Kelly Lin, and Zhang Ziyi. All do decent jobs with that they are given. The characters just lack the depth they need to really mean anything.The Legend of Zu is all about the action and effects and less about the story and characters. Fans of these types of fantasy adventures will want to give this a try.
Beefy
Beefy

June 23, 2007
Confusing but fun eye candy.
Anthony V

March 20, 2008
I still like this special effects laden remake over the original.
iamthethinman
September 27, 2010
I am a big Tsui Hark fan. And the wire work of Yuen Wo-ping is amazing. That said, I really wanted to see this remake, or reinvention or whatever it is. But I was greatly disappointed. It?s not even the valiant effort in the effects department. It?s just that it was a whole lot of stuff that was trying to be said and it was just a jumbled mess. You couldn?t get too into the action or the story. There were a couple of good scenes in the last act, but too late. This must have been a pet project for Tsui Hark because it just didn?t seem like anything special to me.
August 25, 2007
The DVD I have is titled: Zu Warriors, but I think this is the same movie. The effects are lame, the "story" and acting equally so. The only redeeming part of this movie is Cecilia Cheung, and she's not on screen that much.
littlebee4311
March 16, 2007
aha..dicky cheung is in her . i never knew this until i watch it agan and Louis Koo too!.as the firend that got posses bythe little demon!
alexborucki
January 4, 2007
CGI explosion... this movie was like watching a really poorly written episode of the Power Rangers... you know, minus all the characterization of the Power Rangers. Instead of a movie, someone came up with a story that fit a really shitty video game where everyone sacrifices everything to beat "ultimate evil and save the world." And now, after watching it, I must go discover the degree of brain damage recquired to erase the memories associated with watching this.
September 13, 2006
what the fuck is this piece of crap. If they have anymore special effects here I would have gone blind. Why would Zhang Ziyi waste her time in this horrorshow?
Takeshi
December 7, 2013
Typical Tsui Hark movie with lots of weird pieces and nonstop action.
Cash
November 25, 2012
And you thought the "Star Wars" prequels were deplorable. A 104-minute exercise in everything that is wrong with post-handover Hong Kong cinema via writer, producer, director Tsui Hark, who in his prime was one of the former British colony's greatest auteurs.
Logistic wolf
November 15, 2012
Great movie but I felt could had more story to it
FilmGrinder S.
August 1, 2012
25%

Very rarely do I ever say this, it was almost unwatable. The worst kind of CGI. Sorry Mr. Hark.
Alexandre C.
September 16, 2010
One of the most awfull movie i've ever seen. It was hard to watch it completely...