Body of Lies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Body of Lies Reviews

June 17, 2017
the same as usual for ridley
½ June 12, 2017
Body of Lies is based on a CIA operative who creates a terror scare to capture an elusive terrorist leader and its directed by Ridley Scott. The agent is played by Leo DiCaprio and his handler is Russell Crowe. The story was very realistic of what's going on in the Middle Great. The supporting cast that includes Oscar Isaac who has become one of my favorite actors and Mark Strong who plays Security Leader of Jordan. Overall it was a good movie, it was a bit too long but I would definitely recommend this flick.
½ March 19, 2017
Entertaining, but could have been better.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 16, 2016
Some startling scenes but it lacks the intensity of the thrill I was hoping for
November 26, 2016
Body of Lies is a gripping and twisting thriller with a gritty edge; which makes this film intriguing almost all the way. It gets a little bogged down and slow at times, but the rest is typical Scott excitement and drama.
October 8, 2016
An gritty look into the life of an embedded CIA agent abroad, who puts everything on the line to catch a terrorist, and begins to distrust his handler.
August 25, 2016
For the first time in a very long time, I purchased a movie not knowing anything about it and soley on the director and lead actors. What I got, wasn't too bad. If you remember my Suicide Squad review when I said everything was just "okay", then evertyhing in Ridley Scott's Body Of Lies is just "good". How are the performances? They're good. How is the story? Good. You get the picture. But to be completely honest, the first 30 minutes of this movie are pretty forgettable. The plot wasn't too gripping and although I love DiCaprio, nothing really stood out from his performance. It does get interesting once the real spy work gets done and the espiange becomes a bigger part of the story. Other than that, nothing else really to say. Ridley Scott made a good movie, but there are certainly better movies out there to watch.
½ July 24, 2016
Ridley Scott, as most people know, is a great visual filmmaker and his craftsmanship shows in every scene and every frame of "Body of Lies". It starts out fairly strong and some of the action sequences are exciting. I think the performances are good, particularly Mark Strong's. What let me down is the incomprehensible plot. It gets convoluted and murky and highly implausible that I ended up feeling bored. "Body of Lies" is a conventional espionage thriller with hit-and-miss political message.
July 7, 2016
Two hours of Leonardo DiCaprio complaining about how hard it is to be a spy. Stick with James Bond.
June 10, 2016
The film seemed like a patch up job. The story not all that modern, actually felt like I've known it. Nice twist and nice ending but still felt déjà vu.
June 10, 2016
May 10, 2016
Body of Lies is an ok movie, Ridley Scott has done better and should have made a more interesting movie. There are a lot of things that I didn't like about the movie, I was bored for the most part. There are a lot of amazing, thrilling sequences with Ridley Scott's masterful touch.
½ April 24, 2016
Decent, just bland and not all that enthralling.
½ March 12, 2016
Good movie bad, terrible accents...very distracting.
½ March 5, 2016
Bolstered by a predictably strong performance from Leonardo DiCaprio and very skilled people behind the camera, Body of Lies lacks a certain amount of depth, but is nonetheless an above average espionage film.
½ March 4, 2016
Not one of the actors gave a good performance. Not that they were bad but I believe that the pacing was so bad that there was little time to develop the characters.
February 24, 2016
The "conventional espionage thriller" is usually pretty good. With Leo and Russell it should be much better than 54%. I hate jaded critics.
½ January 31, 2016
Slightly confusing and never quite clear what the point of this film was. Crowe is utterly awful in this. I found it very mediocre with a rushed plot.
½ January 24, 2016
Very good & interesting plot . Thrilling , flowing very well and it is interesting that a movie made in 2008 kind of foresees some events in 2015 & got the flag of the terrorist organization almost correct ... 75 % is for the interesting plot , and good acting . Critics must have watched another movie .