Obsession Reviews

• Oct 22, 2018

One of his early and successful works. pity that this kind of art is practically obsolete nowadays...

• Feb 13, 2018

Obsession is a moving, dreamlike, and suspenseful thriller; a masterfully crafted film that has De Palma the top of his game.

• Feb 06, 2018

Ultimately the story is good but as a movie it is a crashing bore to witness. Genevieve Bujold is her usual magnetic self but even she cant elevate this most boring of all De Palma movies.

• Daniel P Super Reviewer
    Sep 18, 2016

Rip-off of Vertigo that has none of that film's enigma, psychology or even masterful camerawork. What the film does have is trashy fun, a ludicrous twist and a superb music score.

• Aug 14, 2016

Worth watching if you're a die-hard, but it's really not one of his best, or even one of his good ones per se. There's good things in it but eh.

• Jun 27, 2016

Cliff Robertson goes on a trip to Rome seeing his look-a like wife

Cliff Robertson goes on a trip to Rome seeing his look-a like wife

• Jan 12, 2016

7.2/10. my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2ad

7.2/10. my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2ad

• Dec 12, 2015

De Palma only became original after this film. Upon re-watch all the actors did a fine job here, particularly Lithgow and Robertson. This is a serious film, and that's difficult to see but it is, which immediately lends its ambition and influence to Hitchcock.

• Jul 25, 2015

I'll try watching this again eventually but I couldn't get into it. 30 min and I wasn't liking it, I usually stick with a movie but I am normally very impressed with De Palma movies from the start and with 30 min the only thing that stuck out to me was the great score.

• Jul 10, 2015

Very twisty thriller. Not my favorite Depalma, but it seems to have quite a following. Still good, I think it may have just been the over-the-top score that was offputting... I wonder if the writers of oldboy were inspired by this at all...