Twister - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twister Reviews

November 13, 2016
I hadn't seem this since its original release. It's cheesy but fan with an excellent cast including Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Fun movie when in the mood for a popcorn movie.
November 7, 2016
This movie is a waste of space. My teacher is forcing me to write a good review. It has nice views of grass If you like bad camera angles..
October 21, 2016
I was twisted from start to finnish!!!...
½ September 11, 2016
Such a horrible movie.
September 4, 2016
Poorly paced, acted and terribly dated.
½ August 16, 2016
I thought Twister was way better as a kid. As an adult I can see Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the only good part of this movie.
½ August 13, 2016
I was so excited to watch this movie...and I am so disappointed.
There was a lot wrong. Shallow characters. Predictable plot. Laughable serious moments.
But what really got me, was the fact that everyone was so pumped for the tornado chases, racing to the scene and shouting from the adrenaline rush...and then only the two main characters actually experienced a tornado chase. Every....single...time.
And the main characters not only chased the tornadoes, no, they actually got stuck in the middle of them. Every...single...one.
They survived them though, hooray! Was it from their survival skills? Was it from at least sheer luck? Nope. The simple, and only, reason they survived is because they are the main characters. Physics looked the other way just for those moments, and that is how the characters survived each tornado, unscathed.
This movie wasn't all bad though. I mean it was terrible, but the tornado scenes and aftermath scenes were incredible. I got goosebumps each time.
In the end, this movie is only good if you want to watch some great special effects. But that is all this movie has going for it. I for sure, will not be watching it again.
July 29, 2016
Twister is entertaining and it makes a good disaster film. This movie reminds me of people on the Weather Channel that chase after tornadoes. This movie takes you inside the world of tornadoes. The movie is fantastic! I would suggest this movie.
½ July 15, 2016
Twister is about a group of storm chasers,who have new technology that allows them to analyze tornadoes to get more warning time to avoid them. Twister has some good visual effects, comedic moments, and solid action, but it fails to give us any good characters.
½ July 10, 2016
Why? What is the point of this movie?
July 6, 2016
I saw it, when it was first released, so I don't remember much, except that I liked it.
June 30, 2016
Admittedly, the main problem with the film is that it puts a lot of emphasis on disaster instead of story-telling. With that said, the special effects do make up for it, courtesy of director Jan De Bont (director of Speed and cinematographer of Roar), and the acting is notably underrated, particularly from the main trio of Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt and Jami Gertz. Certainly not the greatest disaster movie by far, but if you came to the film for the thrills and excitement, it won't disappoint you.
June 13, 2016
Scared the Sh#t out of me as a kid. I couldn't watch it for years. So that's a good thing.
May 20, 2016
Absolutely one of my favorites
May 19, 2016
one the most iconic amazing , and absolutely spectacular weather based movies ever made. This movie realy dramatic and has a realy cool realistic look on nature and human nature . I've grown up watching this movie so has most of my family , I love this movie and can't say enough about it it's deserves way more stars .
May 9, 2016
great movie. I love it
April 23, 2016
5/5. My favorite movie of all time.
April 17, 2016
While possibly not the most accurate scientifically or the best plot in the world, it is an outstanding movie. When I can't figure out what else to watch, it's one of my goto movies.
April 11, 2016
Pretty entertaining. Worth a watch.