A Time to Kill Reviews

• Jan 19, 2021

Blatant divide and conquer movie where at the end the white and black children play together so it isn't racist however throughout the whole movie everything is black or white, programming your mind, setting the sides, defining the stereotypes, the black field workers, the redneck kkk, the white lawyer crackers with braces and all, the white knight who saves the day. If you were not racist before watching this movie you'll be a little bit more by the end. Total witchcraft.

• Jan 14, 2021

Great cast, great plot, great movie. From beginning to end, the movie was awesome.

• Jan 02, 2021

Almost flawless a film...how did this gem of a movie get completely and totally snubbed at the 97 Oscars...? Makes zero sense to me! Just incredible performances by Matthew McConaughey and Samuel Jackson and Sandra Bullock! And Donald Sutherland was awesome as usual too! Maybe a bit too long in running time at 2 hrs and 30 mins but the great direction and interest kept the flow going nicely for our overall viewing enjoyment. Easily a 9.5 out of 10 in any year! N. Preen, Kelowna, BC

• Oct 11, 2020

Lots of top notch actors but the cast overshadows the script.

Lots of top notch actors but the cast overshadows the script.

• Jul 08, 2020

Powerful story made even better by its fantastic performances.

Powerful story made even better by its fantastic performances.

• Jun 27, 2020

Even though the total runtime is around 2h30, which could make some scenes longer than then should really be, I think that A Time to Kill deserves its four stars. It's a film with a certain power, and fascinating material. Issues of race, social class, justice and hate in America are all big themes in this movie. And the fact that these themes are still prevalent in today's America makes the film even more fascinating. The characters are superbly well developed, and portrayed by a cast which is just absolute gold: Matthew McConaughey, Sarah Bullock and Kevin Spacey, among others, give terrific performances. And alongside Samuel L Jackson, who gives a more serious act than usual. It's entertaining and sometimes thrilling and even has the capability of making you feel uneasy sometimes. Overall, this was a great courtroom drama, and I'd even say one of the best! It makes for an unforgettable watch. Recommended!!

• Jun 24, 2020

Though it's sometimes over-the-top in its emotions, and it does feel a bit longer than it should be, A Time to Kill is one of Joel Schumacher's better movies with its intense and emotional story with a powerful message and has some good performances in it too.

• Jun 24, 2020

A Time To Kill was directed by Joel Schumacher and it stars Matthew McConaughey, Samuel L. Jackson, Kevin Spacey and Sandra Bullock and it's a very topical movie for our time since the recent passing of Joel Schumacher and racial themes. It's about a man that had his daughter sexually assaulted because she was black, and he decides to take justice in his own hands, before even they get to go in court. This movie was a very well paced thriller, and especially well acted by the lead actors. My only problem with this movie is its writing towards the end of the movie. I don't think the ending would have worked if it was real life at all, but that's for you to choose. A Time To Kill is a fun ride overall, if you ignore the sloppy writing that pops up at times.

• Jun 06, 2020

This film is so perfect! I cry at the end every time!

This film is so perfect! I cry at the end every time!

• Mar 15, 2020

It's not easy to watch but every American should see this movie. It should be a required watch in every high-school. Racism didn't end with the civil war or with civil rights. It's an ongoing struggle. I'm sometimes not a big fan of McConaughey but he was outstanding in this role. Prepare to have a lot of feelings during this one.